• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Help im getting pinged! :/

erik222

Reaction score
Hello,

As Title says im getting pinged :S
i know who it is doing and his ip.

Someone know how i can prevent those pings?

Would be great if you know what to do :thumbup:

This is really annoing :(

Erik222,

Yes, i play on Eriks ot.

Being the highest level, is tough, i player killed some of the people that just killed my friend...i told them to lvl up and kill him if they had a problem.. so this is kind of all my fault.

The problem is, they send packages to the hosts ip address, causing mass lag and kicks, these packages do not contain trojans or viruses etc, just information, that lags the server.

I believe that these players will not stop with their pinging, and ask for many more items from Erik on his server.

Im sure im pretty well known on Ot land, so guys please help my friend Erik
:*:*

----
Kinglewey
Havent been around in a while :(
xD

Yeah, how is that gonna work..they know Eriks ip for his PC which he is running ot off...
this is a HUGE problem, is there anyway to change the ip address of Eriks pc?
ty for advice

and maybe...call the police? xD

First off, I'm guessing you mean DDos and not getting pinged. Second... Deleting phpmyadmin wont help with it, third noone can connect to your OTS if they do not know your ip (or are redirected to your ip). Fourth, what OS are you using?

well, there's a way to get this fucking noobs away from your server. Download the Program PeerGuardian2 and range-ban this guys, after you banned those "ddos'er" then won't be able to see to your homepage or connect to your server, NOT EVEN WITH A NEW IP! because they got every time the first 5 numbers

example (crasher IP):

Start IP:
End IP:

This will help you for sure!

But there's no way to safe you from other ddos attacks, I got the same problem there comes more and more ddos attacks from other guys, but if you got their IP then you can ban their IP's, too!

If anyone know a way to SAFE YOU ALL THE TIME from DDoS Attacks then please post it here, Range Bans are only for one person but there are more then 1 in the world.

Regards,
Deaktiver

Last edited:
I would try blocking ICMP-traffic, worked for me.

Which is blocked?

The left one or the right one? with this "points" or without the points?

EDIT: Sorry its in German but you know this is this ICMP thing

Ehm, i blocked it but still DDoS attacks, and I cant compile in c++, is there no way to safe me with a other way?

Regards,
Deaktiver

Last edited:
Yeah it doesn't block all DDoS attacks, and are you sure you did it right?

I added a new "rule" named it "BLOCK PING" and set the rule to BLOCK all ICMP-TRAFFIC for ALL IPS. I got a guide somewhere if you still wanna try it. :p

ok added it and it block all ping traffics? So they won't crash my server again?
Idk a guy said they use "wall attack" or something like that, what's this?

ok well, same problem nothing helped!
Here 2 screenshots, first server.exe got this problem:

and when I click "OK" then comes this...

Regards,
Deaktiver

Back