• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Help me choose between AMD or INTEL SERVER!

When you don't have graphic card or dvd unit, it's better only in one way - uses less electricity.
But graphic card is useless if you will manage it remotely, which I prefer.
You can try Intel i7 processor, or new AMD 40 Watt, six core. Just take a look.
And it's sometimes better to use one core processor, as TFS can only run on one core I think, so you can just buy AMD 5500+ or something like that (it's cheap now).

Yo :p How do u know that TFS only runs with 1 core? And why just with 1 core :p?

For hosting, Intel is best. As for RAM, you should buy 4 GB. It's cheap today anyway.

@up
Ye, but the other cores can handle the eventually email, mysql & web server.

Yo.

If i'm going to use Real map TFS mystic spirit 0.2.5 with mysql, acc page.

Which processor do u prefer then? i mean is it enough with 2 cores for that or what?

Ok all i think that i'm going to choose AMD processor and 4GB of ram..

Anyway which OS should i use? i mean which works good with servers? I dont know something about linux etc, only windows xp,vista etc :p

Last edited:
for host and game AMD is the best because thier technology direct connection to cores. fast digitalization, and image support..

AMD IS CHEAPER.
AMD is the best

Hey! I'm going to use AMD as server. Can anyone tell me which processor to use? And how much ram xD?

Btw: Which OS should i use to? i dont know something about ubuntu.

Actually, get an intel xeon :( if linux isnt for you, use windows server 03

From what I heard it's like comparing XP with vista, stuffed with shit. Your server will most likely perform better with windows server 2003.
Could be wrong, but I feel confident:p

AMD Phenom II X3 720 should be enough. Get a decent cpu cooler aswell and clock it a bit.

Back