• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Help me choose between AMD or INTEL SERVER!

Abbedi

Reaction score
Hello everybody :)

I'm going to finish my rl map and i now i'm going to buy a custom server computer and host at my home.

So i want to ask you all, Wich is better to use for server?

1. AMD? If that, Tell me wich processor i need to use and how much ram is good for a rl map (102-108 mb)

2. INTEL? If that, Tell me wich processor i need to use and how much ram is good for a rl map (102-108 mb)

And i'm going to buy 100/10 mbits internet.

Thanks all :)

AMD Phenom X4 9650 2,3GHz Box
Asus M4N78-AM
Corsair XMS2 Xtreme TwinX DDR2 800MHz CL5 2x2GB
Samsung SpinPoint F1 HD162GJ 16MB 160GB
Ace Clubs II 480W <- Chassi & PSU

you can take the dvd 'unit' from another computer temporary to install the OS, then put it back in

Du behöver ingen dvd-läsare till en server, det enda du ska göra med den är att installera OSet (windows?). Alltså kan du "låna" läsaren från en annan dator och sedan koppla in den i den gamla igen när du är färdig.

English:
Do what I said

He can mount the instalation CD/DVD with an usb pendrive or network (if his motherboard supports it).

I got Intel core i7 950 as game computer :)

But i need to buy a good processor which works good with servers :p

You dont need i7 for servers :p ofc its good but you really dont need to spend much money on it :p

buy a Sony.. omg that's a tv brand jaja
my bad :p

Not only a tv brand, they produce almost every electronic thing... TVS,Gaming console (ps3, psp++++), dvds, cds, computers (Like sony vaio), Cell phones (Sony ericsson), camera's and a lot of stuff more those are the one i can remind atm

When you don't have graphic card or dvd unit, it's better only in one way - uses less electricity.
But graphic card is useless if you will manage it remotely, which I prefer.
You can try Intel i7 processor, or new AMD 40 Watt, six core. Just take a look.
And it's sometimes better to use one core processor, as TFS can only run on one core I think, so you can just buy AMD 5500+ or something like that (it's cheap now).

For hosting, Intel is best. As for RAM, you should buy 4 GB. It's cheap today anyway.

@up
Ye, but the other cores can handle the eventually email, mysql & web server.

Just get an Intel E8400 then :p or something like that. you can easily raise fsb to reach 4ghz.

Back