• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Help me with suggestions to my Quest OTS.

Added snow island to the Quest OTs map: (I am NOT the mapper, I think its some mapper from the Heroland project). Need to verify this, sorry for no proper credits.
Which monsters should live here? :p
northern%20snowflake.jpg

Main town:
northern%20snowflake2.jpg

I plan to call it Northern Snowflake. (Stolen from my Minecraft server haha).

these are made by a german guy who broke his leg:p!!! (Owned.)
looks good!

these are made by a german guy who broke his leg:p!!! (Owned.)
looks good!

If thats the reason he was no-life enough to map this piece of artwork, then hail his broken leg! :D

Another town by Three Magic, this is going to be the official 3rd main town on the server:
town3.jpg

Cant thank you enough for letting me use your pieces Three Magic <3!

dislike ^

Its ALOT better than my mappings. If you dislike that you will think 80% of the map is horrible so far. :p

Anyway the map is not suppose to be the good part with my OT, but the adventure of all those hard worked systems im working on. :)

Love my big monitor! <3
The 2nd main town! As with Northern Snowflake, I got this from Evil Hero without exact author. So we assume its from the Heroland Project. :p
2ndmaintown.jpg

Past days been working slightly with the shape. Most of the time been busy with other servers. I have started up Znote OTs. ( Znote OTs ). Which is a really old server by me. Gonna use it to test some scripts from Quest OTs and stuff so it might interest you guys. Already started with a unique outfit system. ;)

Outfits:
You can only have 1 active outfit at a time. You can not directly change between outfits as you normally can on other OT servers.
If you have obtained more than 1 outfit, you can change outfit by:
1. Get a house, get a dresser furniture in your house and change outfit in the dresser.
2. Go to a local clothing shop and change your outfit there. This costs money.

You only start with 1 outfit, and you can obtain more outfits through quests in-game.

Here is a sample, one out of many. :p
Lua:
-- outfits/oldmage.lua script by Znote.

local looktype = 130
local storage = 20204
local newpos = {x=749, y=1485, z=4}

function onUse(cid, item, frompos, item2, topos)
local pos = getCreaturePosition(cid)

if getPlayerStorageValue(cid,storage) < 1 then
	if pos.z == 4 then
		doPlayerSetStorageValue(cid,storage,1)
		doTeleportThing(cid, newpos)
		doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid,22,"If you are stuck, you can do the command [!killme]. Warning: Only use this command when there are no other options available.")
	else
	if doPlayerRemoveItem(cid, 2173, 1) == true then
	end
		doPlayerPopupFYI(cid, "Anti Cheat:\nCheat method: Teleported by GM.\n\nAction taken: 1: Character killed.\n2: Character reported. (Charname, Time, GM log, position).")
		doBroadcastMessage("Alert: "..getCreatureName(cid).." has been detected for cheating with obtaining special quests.")
		doCreatureAddHealth(cid, -getCreatureHealth(cid))
	end
return true
end

if getPlayerStorageValue(cid,storage) == 1 then
	if pos.z == 5 then
		doPlayerSetStorageValue(cid,storage,2)
		doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid,22,"Congratulations! You gained the [Mage] outfit!")
		doPlayerAddOutfitId(cid,3,0)
		doPlayerSendOutfitWindow(cid)

outfit = getCreatureOutfit(cid)
			outfit.lookType = 130 -- Here put the outfit id
   doCreatureChangeOutfit(cid, outfit)

if canPlayerWearOutfitId(cid, 1) == true then
		doPlayerRemoveOutfitId(cid, 1)
		end
	else
		doTeleportThing(cid, newpos)
		doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid,22,"If you are stuck, you can do the command [!killme]. Warning: Only use this command when there are no other options available.")
	end
return true
end

if getPlayerStorageValue(cid,storage) >= 2 then
	doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid,22,"It looks like you already have this outfit.")
end

return true
end

Will you be having some kind of a beta anytime soon? I really wanna try out the server and all the cool scripts. :D

Thanks. :)

Will you be having some kind of a beta anytime soon? I really wanna try out the server and all the cool scripts. :D
Afraid not. It is far to incomplete. I have many functions and script samples ready, but have yet to make the map more complete and make the script interact properly with the map and quests.

Aaaaaaand...

We are back to mapping a bit.

A wild forest. Will contain quests and some underground caves that leads to interesting places. Also a good place for farming brown mushrooms. But people are rarely in this place which is the reason the nature has grown pretty wild without any obvious tracks of humans.
wild%20woods.jpg

I'm really looking forward to get the basic mapping done so I can start having fun scripting again. :p Mapping is the biggest shitjob ever. D:
(No offense mappers)... As you can see, this is not my favourite profession nor talent.

So how close are you too being done? I really can't wait to try it :p

There is no estimated time of arrival yet. Might be months, might be a year. :/ Depends on how much I get to work with it.

cba to read the whole thread but i have some Quest Ideas that you should use for your server to make it the ultimate RPG :)

Like in old school tibia you should do "Brain Quest" Where there are no spoilers, just ppl will have to use there brain and read books, talk to NPCs, See places on the map that look a bit wierd, (A bit like the mysterious wall in Ankh nort desert).

Example

A library found in deep caves of the map where you will be able to find a decrypted msg from an orc who tells you that npc xxx know more about item yyy. and so on. (Basicly a long story quest)

That would be awesome :) Most server nowadays only have kill monsters! get reward..

cba to read the whole thread but i have some Quest Ideas that you should use for your server to make it the ultimate RPG :)

Like in old school tibia you should do "Brain Quest" Where there are no spoilers, just ppl will have to use there brain and read books, talk to NPCs, See places on the map that look a bit wierd, (A bit like the mysterious wall in Ankh nort desert).

Example

A library found in deep caves of the map where you will be able to find a decrypted msg from an orc who tells you that npc xxx know more about item yyy. and so on. (Basicly a long story quest)

That would be awesome :) Most server nowadays only have kill monsters! get reward..

Great idea. Would love to see another quest or mystery like the sword in Rook.

@Korrex
Thanks. :)

Example

Yes, already thought of that. Here is my concept:

There will be a library in every main town of the server.
In these librarys books will be sold, some free, some rather cheap and some expensive. (along with some super-expensive).
Books can also be obtained from mostly different sorcerers and mastermind creatures.
Books can also be sold at shop, and some books will most likely be on sale on the advertising channel as well.

There are different kinds of books/scrolls:
Several quick novels about heroes that have crossed the land (will have to search for good story makers when things are set up) which will contain clues and directions of secret hunting grounds and *mumbles* organisations.
Educational books: Not every NPC will be English. So far I plan on making: Scandinavian NPCs, Spanish NPCs, German NPCs, Polish NPCs, Egyptian NPCs.
Many NPCs will have some English knowledge which allows players to interact on basic grounds with them. But to unleash the NPCs fully potencial and usefullness to you, learning some key words from their respective language is required.
So there will be books available to help you interact with the NPC and understand the NPC. Sample: A typical book of English - Norwegian keywords. (Which are relevant to my server).
Even if you are polish, it still might be useful for an English - Polish book to get hold of the relevant ways to interact with the polish NPCs in.

There will also be some "elder" NPCs which contain a foreign language. Sample: Latin, Sapmi. Which may not have a direct translation from English. Sapmi is a northern scandinavian language, and to learn it you might need to learn the scandinavian language first.

These NPCs might also give you clues about for an example an "abnormal activity" in the "northern mountains". Without telling you more specific where in the northern mountains or things like that. Only that "The past 10 explorers who went there, 3 of them never returned thus we have no info of where those 3 adventurers actually went".

There will also be NPCs who specifically tells you that example "You should head west, the road there is safe and you get to point x quicker, my brother lives over there and might have a task for you". In this sample, who knows what lies around if you do NOT take the safe road? ;)

Also, "old books", "half burned up scrolls" which these days usually are recognized as trash, will also be able to read. But be careful to get the information, old scrolls and books might fall apart and be destroyed after the first usage.
There might be valuable information there with clues, even though pieces of the text are missing. ;)

Back