• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Help me with suggestions to my Quest OTS.

So how the progress so far?

If you look at the past 18 pages in this thread? You will find on-going activity from start to this point. :p SLightly inactive atm. So no progress since my last Quest OTs related post. Will start on it soon tho. :p

Im really glad to hear that. I want to play your server to see how it works, i want to see a fully developed server, with actual quests.

Just a random point here, wouldn't it make more sense if the town formed by a meteor-rain, rich with sapphires & rubies, used those gems for currency rather than gold coins (and have town 2 use gold coins, etc..)?

Looks very interesting and the planning looks pretty well thought-out.

Hi

I really like your work, i have also a Custom proyect idea since a long long long time ago who is completly already planned, but for lack of programing knowledment & time i must freeze it entirely :S, however i am re-taking it and for this reason i wanna make you some questions about it

Nobody have ever answer me this questions, but like u have a wish for custom, i think you can and answer them to me ;)

(i'm not an English Speaker either ;) )

1) Hoy you can make than, after a trade happens (between a player & an NPC) another item be created on determinated coordinates?, i know sounds weard but is vital for my custom system. ;)

2) how you modify this items for make them a new Currency?, can you advice me with some item editor for make this change or something?

3) which way you can do than for some quest (or something) the player need two items for make an exchange for one?

3.1) if using quest sistem... how can i do an always repeteable quest?

And i have another question and is necesary because for my sistem works, i need to put a very hard limit to the parcel sistem.

4) how can you do a bank sistem (thinking of course in one for this specialy created new currencys)

4.1) how can you add to your bank sistem a currency transfer intra-account sistem.

4.2) how you can do for the money for GuildHalls/Houses be discounted from the bank account instead of the depot?. or Cipsoft did it automaticly already?

I Hope you can help me a little bit?, Anything, any direction from where to start, or maybie
where i can get some help, anything be welcome. :)

My Custom server is a War-Oriented Guild Server.

Saying you thanks from now
¡Keep it up with the good work!
(Y)(Y)

-Obsdark-

Last edited:
So I'm thinking of continuing this project a bit. Got some ideas in my head that I want to test out, but getting a piece of the conquering system done is prior to that.
mountainpasswest.jpg

I also got a great new concept within the survival category, but not sure how I shall implement it to Quest OTs yet. But lots of epicness is sure to come. :)

edit: Checking the ladders basic functionality on typical conquer towers:
conquerladder.jpg

(Messages are just test messages. Going to use floor pos for more advanced stuff later on, just wanted to check that it was working the way I wanted).

If the tower is already conquered by another player, the owner have a small time margin to try to defend the tower.

The owner will be notified when an enemy is invading his conquered territory (not done)
You can purchase protection for your towers from NPC guards. Price vary depending on your level and strength of protection. (not done).

Last edited:
YES!! So happy that you're continuing it, wouldn't wanna see such a good server go to waste :p

YES!! So happy that you're continuing it, wouldn't wanna see such a good server go to waste :p

Thanks for the feedback. Inspire me to work more. :)

Conquering System is starting to sprout a bit! :D
06:33 You feel a magical presence from this tower.
06:34 You like this tower, perhaps keep it to yourself?
06:35 Who knows what you may obtain at the top?
06:36 Almost there...
06:37 Ahh! The top! What a nice huge overview!

06:39 Edolas Divine Haste tower is currently conquered by: Testing Rabiit!
06:41 You successfully conquered this tower, and have gained the spell Divine Haste. Words: Utani San Hur. Manacost: 75.
06:41 You are currently the conqueror of Edolas Divine Haste tower.

And I keep on polishing the conquer base systems.

WARNING: [Znote] is currently trying to conquer your Divine Haste tower! Progress: [80%]
You lost the power of the spell Divine Haste. The current conqueror of the tower is: Znote!

Edit:
Also revized the towns system. They are now representing a Kingdom, not just a town. This fits better to the conquer system. :)

The tree kingdoms are:
Dormgolia - Minerals town (North west)
Edolas - gp (regular money currency). (South east)
Therolia - <currently not sure what currency to use there> (South west)

In major war zones, you will fight representing your kingdom. Conquering a war zone will give all citizens of your kingdom an advantage like access to hunting grounds located around the war zone.

My first war zone, which is basically just a tower, is player based. This means only 1 character may conquer it at the same time. And that player will be granted the best haste spell in-game, no matter which vocation or level you are.

And ofcourse. Loosing a war zone will remove the benefits and advantages from you. :)

Right now I am working on the first kingdom based war zone. Soon done with basic functionality.

edit2:
Over 100 custom scripts written by me created for the OT right now[which have good functionality and are stable]. :D Game starts getting playable with a very custom and unique touch to it now. :)

Last edited:
One of my favorite things I like about this server is that each town has a different currency which I think is pretty awesome, and considering you have 100 custom scripts that you have made yourself means that you have put a lot of thinking and time into this which means it's gonna be worth while.

*~*~*Idea*~*~* I was thinking that maybe you could make like a huge forest/jungle type town and make it so the currency has something to do with herbalism, like collecting all kinds of different plants, finding rare flowers etc..

Last edited:
One of my favorite things I like about this server is that each town has a different currency which I think is pretty awesome, and considering you have 100 custom sprites that you have made yourself means that you have put a lot of thinking and time into this which means it's gonna be worth while.

*~*~*Idea*~*~* I was thinking that maybe you could make like a huge forest/jungle type town and make it so the currency has something to do with herbalism, like collecting all kinds of different plants, finding rare flowers etc..

100 custom scripts not sprites. :) But yeah, using herbs and nature ingredients might fit Therolia. But not quite sure if I shall have it as currency, since you are using it in the profession Alchemy. Where you brew potions, and witch-doctor, where you make etc healing herbs.

Kingdom conquer system continued, todays results:
WARNING: Mountainpass island is being invaded! Soldiers of Dormgolia, defend our kingdom!
WARNING: Your kingdom [Dormgolia] lost the Mountainpass war zone! Your kingdom have been defeated by: [Edolas].

Btw, it was meant to say script lol, I guess that's what I get for using auto correct, lol.

Thanks. :)

Fixed a status script, you are allowed to disable conquer notifications if it annoys you with the spam.:

Edolas Divine Haste tower is currently conquered by: Znote!
Mountainpass War Zone is conquered by: Dormgolia!
You DISABLED Conquer System notifications!
You ENABLED Conquer System notifications!

Keep working on it!! , I hope this will be very succesfull :D

Best wishes
Sweddy :)

Oh, I know Znote(not really :S) but believe me if he really wants to complete this server and if he has enough spirit to keep him working it will be successful :p

If you need any small mapping pieces (150x150 or less) don't hesitate to ask me.

Prest, how you gonna offer someone maps if you're banner clearly says you're done mapping.

Offtopic: Why are you done mapping btw?

Back