• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Help putting server online (I tried a lot) - Really Decriptive

peutricolor

Reaction score
Hello fellows,
I never had an OT, and I've been trying to put my server on.

I have it running, and I can access it, through the local 192.168.0.1 or throught the FIXED(static) ip that I created. "192.168.0.20"
The problem is: other people can't access it and I can't put it on otserver list.

Below I'll describe everything I've done and some info that might help.

I have a d-link router, and I share internet with another computer.
I have already opened my ports 7171 7172 80 8080 to both TCP and UDP protocol using my FIXED ip as the private IP.
I also have edited the config.lua file, with my private IP.
I made an execption on my firewall to all this ports, and I also tried to disable it for a while to make sure it wasn't it.
My database is already linked to my server, I don't think that's the case, but just to make sure.

Here is my Connection Config on the config.lua file:

-- Connection Config
ip = "192.168.0.20"
bindOnlyGlobalAddress = "no"
loginProtocolPort = 7171
gameProtocolPort = 7172
adminProtocolPort = 7171
statusProtocolPort = 7171
loginTries = 10
retryTimeout = 5 * 1000
loginTimeout = 60 * 1000
maxPlayers = "1000"
motd = "Welcome to the Forgotten Server!"
onePlayerOnlinePerAccount = "yes"
allowClones = "no"
serverName = "Forgotten"
loginMessage = "Welcome to the Forgotten Server!"
adminLogsEnabled = "no"
statusTimeout = 5 * 60 * 1000
replaceKickOnLogin = "yes"

Well, I guess that's all.
Someone would take a guess on what could be the problem?
I followed all the instructions really carefuly and I'm really upset it didn't work.
Sorry for asking another question on how to setup a server, but I promisse I've been trying.

You don't need to setup a static ip, this is only needed if your IPv4 address changes when you reboot the computer.

Listen the server runs on my comp and the site as well' I have acsses to both with no problems

-- Connection Config
ip = "localhost" <-- What should be here? If its my external IP than I need to change everytime it changes?
bindOnlyGlobalAddress = "no"
loginProtocolPort = 7171
gameProtocolPort = 7172
adminProtocolPort = 7171
statusProtocolPort = 7171
loginTries = 10
retryTimeout = 5 * 1000
loginTimeout = 60 * 1000
maxPlayers = "1000"
motd = "Welcome to MinTea"
onePlayerOnlinePerAccount = "yes"
allowClones = "no"
serverName = "MinTea"
loginMessage = "Welcome to MinTea"
adminLogsEnabled = "no"
statusTimeout = 5 * 60 * 1000
replaceKickOnLogin = "yes"
There should be your IP adress or domain name. You still have problems ? and firewall job its to block servers from sending anything to your machine, so its important to make sure it works/configured like it should be.

Yeah, My static IP adress is good for there?

And Seems my router blocks everything, Is that the place to stop it from doing it after the ports are forwarded alreay?

Quick tutorial since I am in loading screen on league of legends xD

1. I bet everyone uses DHPC (change IP every derping second.).. So find your mac adress (ipconfig/all in cmd and you can see it) And Reserve one.. Mine is 192.168.15.111 cause I can xD

XJhSf1c.png

tClWnfQ.png

2. Open the ports for 192.168.15.111 <--- (This is my) (Port 80, 7171, 7172)
5IEpBVp.png

3. Whatismyip.com..

4. Write whatever your ip is in config.lua...

Enjoy..

Pics coming after this game xD

Last edited:
1. I bet everyone uses DHPC (change IP every derping second.).. So find your mac adress (ipconfig/all in cmd and you can see it) And Reserve one.. Mine is 192.168.15.111 cause I can xD

Cant find that option on the router interface :-(
And my IP is 10.0.0 kind

Back