• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ help to choose the correct distribution 8.6 global map rl

beenii

Solutions
Reaction score
I am creating an 8.6 global map rl server based on:

[8.6] [TFS1.3] Global + Source + Web + tools + Quest Reward System

I'm afraid of finding a mistake critical, since my project is very advanced.

I just found a bug that froze for a few seconds when standing in front of the depot.
i just change a few lines of that system depot containers and is solved.

and I know that just like that little mistake, more can come out.

Do you recommend me to use a tfs 0.4 to make a global server 8.6 100% stable?
or do you think that this tfs 1.3 repository can help me to complete my project

What distribution and datapack RL 8.6 could you recommend? is there any datapack premium tested 99%?

That's the question I was asking myself few days ago.

For one, 0.4 was with us for a long time, and there is a lot of resources, and also its really battle tested on live servers. It should be stable, if you can have code from trusted source.

On the other hand... its old. It might be hard to maintain or run at all in the future. 1.x should also be stable. Is actively developed. You can get more support for it currently. And people are working actively on resources for new tfs.

You can consider use of tfs 1.5 downgrade be @Nekiro : GitHub - nekiro/TFS-1.5-Downgrades at 8.60 (https://github.com/nekiro/TFS-1.5-Downgrades/tree/8.60)
I heard its pretty stable, and you can find some comments here: [8.60/8.00/7.72] Clean TFS 1.5 Downport (https://otland.net/threads/8-60-8-00-7-72-clean-tfs-1-5-downport.277347/)

I think there is no need to keep running 0.4. No matter what code base and distro will you use, there will always be some issues. And it will be easier to find help with some newer tfs, than with some old 0.3 or 0.4 code base, for which everyone has some different code with some custom changes.

nekiro tfs 1.5 downgrade to 8.6 is 99% stable

but you will need to add everything related to rl map by hand (not just replacing data folder)
I was just thinking about that, since I see that it is a distribution that continues with updates

I will have to pass the scripts manually, actions, movements, creaturescripts, globalevents, talkactions and library data

Solution
thanks for your feedback, I'll get to work migrating the global server scripts to tfs 1.5
Post automatically merged:

What page do you recommend using and in what version? or anyone compatible with tfs 1.5?

Last edited:
Back