• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

help with npc shop

Flagton

Reaction score
Can anyone help me I'm trying to create an NPC that has different trades on the same NPC

ex: when the player says runes he opens a trade only with runes, when the player says potions he opens a trade only with potions, I can't make the npc open 2 or more different trades.

Solution
@Flagton we discussed internally and @EduardoDantas was kind enough to prioritize your request.
Now you should be able to do this using this PR:
Follow the hireling example and you should be fine.
Later please give a feedback on PR confirming if it worked as it should or not.
like this?

like this?
I had already seen this but it didn't work in 13.21 or I did something wrong.I wanted something like this.each Keyword opens a different Trade.

1.PNG

Attachments

Can anyone help me I'm trying to create an NPC that has different trades on the same NPC

ex: when the player says runes he opens a trade only with runes, when the player says potions he opens a trade only with potions, I can't make the npc open 2 or more different trades.
with canary I don't think you will be able to do that, see, the old library of npcs made by Jiddo was ANCIENT (I mean, we are talking about something that probably came even before TFS existed) and this was entired rewritten using newer concepts and pushed to CPP to avoid the Lua spaguetti. The capacity to modify or even have different trade lists was probably something that was missed when the system was rewritten. This doesn't mean you can't modify and make a PR to enable this to be possible, it's open source after all.
But as of now, it's not possible to do it as you can in tfs.

@Flagton we discussed internally and @EduardoDantas was kind enough to prioritize your request.

Solution
Sorry for the delay, NPC working perfectly now, thank you very much to everyone involved, without you I would never have managed it..

Back