• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Heroland RPG - Information and Discussion

Evil Hero

Legacy Member
TFS Developer
Solutions
Reaction score
2pzl88w.jpg

33joly0.jpg

...Long time ago, when Heroes ruled the land, and people used swords and shields to conquer and destroy their enemies.
The unforgotten story of an mysterious kindred began.....
The Lands of Kirtania have always been a flourishing and beautiful home to any inhabitant it encompasses. The people are living at peace and respecting eachother...
some say it's like an Utopia...Their great and mighty Hero called "Akronix" tried to keep that balanced as much as he could.....but then came a horrific night, Akronix had a bad dream about his lovely Lands, known as Kirtania. The mighty Hero saw a dream interpreter and thus discovered that the dream was depicting the truth about the dark forces which were going to infiltrate the holy lands of Kirtania. Akronix went to the temple to talk to the gods above. The gracious gods then granted Akronix a look into the future to stop those Dark Forces before they reach the humble city...
Akronix prepared himself and his soldiers for this epic battle, waiting for their next move...

Have Akronix and his soldiers succeded...? This question remains unknown and it's up to you to bring upon the truth and defend The Lands of Kirtania from the danger waiting to occur. "May the new era begin!"

dbn9j.jpg

2h58tjb.jpg

• Experience Rate: Custom (all monsters are custom)
  • Client: Custom
  • Map: 100% Custom [70% Finished]
  • Vocations: Knight, Scout, Sorcerer, Druid, Priest, Warrior and Assassin (Note: take a look at our Class System for more informations)

We are heading for a straight rpg server, where you don't just go and slay monsters every single moment.
There will be a lot of quests and such to gain experience as we all know how boring it is to level up by just killing monsters.

Teaser I: here
Teaser II: here

23rmu69.jpg

Evil Hero: Scripting and overall live testing
Javiersin: Mapping

qnr8me.jpg

We would like to invite everyone to share your thoughts and speak out your suggestions regarding our server, we are happy for every feedback we can get :)

If you would like to participate in our team then take a look into this thread

Kind regards, Heroland Developers.

Last edited:
Our 3rd wave of Heroland and we are really starting to get things working the way we want. :D

agesystemfinal.png

This system is based on your ingame playtime.
A player will grow older the longer he plays on our server (12h of playtime = 1 Age)

This is how it looks ingame:

border%20teaser%20pics%20%203.png

You'll get a notation everytime you grow older.

border%20teaser%20pics%204.png

You can see your age, when you look at yourself.

border%20teaser%20pics%205.png

You can see other peoples age, when you look at them.

The main idea of this system is to restrict things for people with a certain age.

Like we can see on these examples:

border%20teaser%20pics%206.png

border%20teaser%20pics7.png

border%20teaser%20pics8.png

There is also going to be certain spells for each vocation which can just be learned if you are old enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a really cool idea, havnt seen somone using it before :p

Wow, this looks really amazing. I'm really looking forward to see the coming teasers!

The age system seems really epic. I like that because that means that high-level people won't have over-powered noob chars which has done every quest so they all have twice the quest items.

There are both positive and negative things regarding custom experience I think, and I'm not sure if it will be so easy to balance everything. That's why I'm also curious about the bonus exp system~.

Dual vocation system?:eek: Watch out not to make it over-powered.

Keep up the work, looks really good so far.
And nice thread layout also!

~Westerlund_

Great project from what I have seen in-game! Great features with a lot of thought gone into it.

You will all love it when its done :)

creat.png

This is one of our bigger changes on the server.
Creatures on our server have levels, depending on their level their damage and defense is pending.

It will ofcourse not range like from lvl 5 to 100, that would be just stupid but there is an actual range of 10 lvls.

This is how it looks ingame:
border%20teaser%20pics%201.png

More of the Creature Level System will be explained at the "Bonus Experience System"

bonusexp.png

This system is hardly involved with our "Creature Level System"
As you may know now, our creatures have levels.
If the player who kills a creature is on a lower level or same as the creature, then he will gain Bonus Experience.

border%20teaser%20pics%202.png

The Bonus Experience depends on the creature you have killed.
The Bonus is pending between 15-25% of the actual experience of the creature.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol? rlly heroland comes to life again? xDD
what happen to you Evilhero :/ why you let the proyect die the first time :/

lol? rlly heroland comes to life again? xDD
what happen to you Evilhero :/ why you let the proyect die the first time :/

Never died. Was just on pause because we had stuff to do IRL. We are working on the same project we did years ago. And have been progressed since then. This is our 3rd wave, which means it haven't died. And most likely won't die in near future. We are to close our goals to quit now. :)

Core members:
Evil Hero (Founder/lua/c++)
Znote (Manager/Hoster)
Master-m (lua/php)
Xenios (Mapper/Web Designer)

We have had lots of additional mappers and members who only participate in one wave. But thats ok.

Evil Hero: How is creature level system working?
(How do monsters get level, do they spawn with a random level between 1 - 100? xD What advantages does the monsters get each level and so on).

Last edited:
@up
well for my opinion when the staff leader and the co-manager stop tellign you sht to do or after looking at the map with any updates for me its a diying proyect.
but well GL hope see this serv onlien i love te map :) i know it cuz i was a mapper here :)

@up
well for my opinion when the staff leader and the co-manager stop tellign you sht to do or after looking at the map with any updates for me its a diying proyect.
but well GL hope see this serv onlien i love te map :) i know it cuz i was a mapper here :)

A 'spare time' project is not a real job so progress will differ from a 'real life' paying project. When people get busy with other stuff IRL there's not really anything you can do about that except put the project on hold for a time XD

@up I was the last one to retire from 2nd wave and checked forum several times each week waiting for your commits. :p

Last edited:
acctualy i was the last one since i enter to the forum to check up dates

@Teh Maverick
yes, thats the trut but, what happen when the 2 "proyect leaders" are online you talk to them and no one say nothing -.- they relog and you talk to them and no answer? wow hell yeah! -.-

@topic
Znote if you want to erese it do it i dont want to start a fight or even blame this wonderful server :)

abilitysystem.png

Today you will be able to catch a look on our Ability System:

box.png

What does each ability do?
Code:
Endurance = raises your max hp and increases your hp regeneration
Dexterity = raises your chance to dodge attacks
Strength = raises your phyiscial damage output
Intelligence = raises your magical damage output
Wisdom = raises your max mana and increases your mana regeneration
Healingpower = raises your healing which you deal on yourself or on other players who receive a heal

How do I learn the abilities?
Basicly you don't learn them instead you gain them through items which you can loot from monsters:
mysterion.png

Yet they're still in their rough shape and they can't be used before you didn't unleash their full power with an ability awakener:

abilityawakener.png

You just have to use the ability awakener on the item and Voilà:
processcompleted.png

After you used the awakener on the item, your item gets random attributes (the stronger the monster that dropped the item, the stronger the attribute is):
ironwith2endurance.png

multi-iron.png

iron4wisdom.png

To gain the ability, simply 'use' the item.
You can also check your current ability stats:

hp.png
(default)
endurrin.png

abilitybox.png

4wisdompoints.png

EDIT: Here you can find some additional pictures related items and abilities.

We hope that you liked this teaser and tune in again on the next!

Last edited:
Back