• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Herskera Online [8.60]

Rotflturion

I like Toes
Reaction score

akvYV7d.png

Hello and welcome to the discussion thread of the Herskera Online - a project I am working on at the moment.
This thread will serve as a change log with some general information, and a place for discussion and feedback on the added/planned features.

An outline of what the server will be like:
- Custom, home made RPG map
- Low exp rate / High death loss rate
- Additional systems [crafting, resource gathering and more]
- Hundreds of secrets, quests and challenges to overcome
[there will always be something yet awaiting to be discovered]

We are aiming at an old Tibia style world, before the game was changed into a candyland
for milking kids of their parents money. We promise you blood, tears and high risk of death on every step you take in our world - be it by fire, traps, poisoned food, random encounters, player-made random encounters [luring] or other players themselves.

There will be NO teleport rooms. You never know if you will get out alive from that journey to the other city you are planning. No shortcuts.

---
Note: The server is not finished yet. This is not an advertising thread. I am posting it here, as I could not find a better forum for this [as it is not ready yet and I am not trying to advertise]

Last edited:

Changelog

2014-07-01
- Started working on the custom map
---
2014-07-10
- Finished the starting island [mapping, spawns, quests]
- Started the outline of main continent
- First mainland city halfway done
- The first resource system, Mining, in place
---
2014-07-17
- Crafting system basics finished, "lever crafting" system removed.​
To craft the item [Blacksmithy/Artificing/Alchemy/Cooking] you now have to use
the right tool [ex. Iron Hammer] on the right crafting station [ex. Anvil] while
having the needed materials in your inventory.​
- Started working on the Dwarven Faction lore, and thinking about a way to connect
what you are able to craft with your rank in the faction.

Example Crafting Screenshot:
EElj7VY.png

---
2014-07-19
- Added an outline of the central mountain range
- Added the elven magic institute
- An avalanche at the mountain pass blocked off the western part of the map [the server will be in playable beta sooner, with higher level areas being mapped and 'unlocked' on th fly, to prevent the situation where I become too tired of mapping the whole world, and try to cut corners by making the areas/map smaller OR lower quality]
- Working on the concept of random encounters [many small fireplaces, locations and 'camps' located all over the map, with bandits and possibly NPC's/spoils spawning there randomly, for more unpredictable and interesting travelling]
---
2014-07-20
- Reworked the mining system to be more player friendly, and less bot friendly [decaying mining spots - can no longer spam one tile with the pick]
- Added an iron mine
- Added a cyclops spawn near the mine [lure cyclops onto a botter, and loot his ores!]
- Added a small graveyard outside the town [beware of skeletons!]

Current mainland starting town area progress:
jFc6BCx.jpg

---
2014-07-21
- Herb gathering system in place [tool: golden sickle]

Example herb:
MbhcNvh.gif

- Potion brewing system in place

The Alchemy Hall:
KVniy45.png

--
2014-07-24
- The tailoring workshop in place - tailoring system soon to come
- Added more wildlife to make the map feel less empty
- Several new places [wild warrior cave, rotworms, ghouls and more]
- GM Island added - We are no longer homeless! :)
--
2014-07-25
- Added another iron mine: first one owned by the dwarves - to mine here buy a permit, or face the guards!
- Added a mysterious ice crystal crash site
- Modified/added several hunting areas
- Updated the blacksmithy system with new items/materials - crafting recipes WIP
--
2014-07-27
- Filled in some empty areas
- More undergrounds
- Started working on the Tailoring system and its resources

Current mainland starting town area progress:
EIcnFQ0.jpg

---
2014-08-01

- Added crafting recipes [you need to learn how to craft most of the items]
- Added numerous new map areas [hidden rebel dwarf mines, spider caves, ghost island and more]​
- Changed blacksmithy a bit [you have to smelt the iron ore before using it now]
- Several new NPC's [crafting NPC's, healing priestess etc]

Last edited:
What do you guys think about the progress so far?

I am thinking about a feature that would make botting resources even harder - the mines would become PVP zones, with no skulls, which would make it easier to kill the botter without suffering any consequences, and also allow groups of people / guilds to claim a mine for their own, and attack anyone who enters without having to care for punishment [don't worry, there WILL be enough mines, they will only vary in size/ore quantity and location]

Also, what do you guys think about the crafting system, as a possible way to let people get stuff [like higher level equipment] on a fresh / low playerbase server, where higher level items are impossible to buy? In Tibia, there are always enough players to sell to/buy from - on the OT servers players rarely care to trade with others, and oftentimes it is hard to get an upgrade, even if you have the resources/money [knight armor for example - you could use it at levels as low as 15-25, but you can not kill a Black Knight so early, so the only options without crafting would be buying it from someone OR looting it from someone]

Epic! I cant wait for this server :)

About hardcore-pvp mines hmm u must balance it or some ppl like me gonna PA random rpg players and they gonna leave ot very fast or... team up aganist power abusers

Crafting is good but u must balance it too or some ppl earn huge money on it

The mines will be numerous, so if one mine is taken by "bandits" [PA] people will have enough other choices [some of them hidden too, so it won't be so easy to just circle them all and kill everyone inside]

About crafting - I agree, it will take some balancing to fit it into the economic system, but I'm pretty sure it will pay off in the long run - so far it looks promising [time will tell - open beta is coming soon :)]

Thanks for the comment! :)

It was, a lot of things have happened at once and I had to put it on hold without a warning - I have something a bit bigger in mind now, that needs careful planning and might not be finished in the next year or two.

Back