• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

High CPU during Tibia?

Records070

┌∩┐"(◣_◢)"┌∩┐
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone know about this or ever had this or whether its normal? Because somehow yesterday I was cleaning the pc, scanning it.. And I noticed the high cpu usage? And I did a check to see what was using that much CPU, and it turned out to be each tibia client took approx 30-40% CPU usage, but hows it possible to be having such a high cpu usage? (Real Tibia)

I am using the Intel 2500k

Thanks in advance

That's weird because even if I open 3 clients my usage doesn't cross 2%

Moved to Computers.

Have you tried adjusting the frame rate limit? (Options->Graphics->Advanced).

Thanks, but only kinda looking for the issue, any virus that may affect this "specifically tibia"? Doubt it, but who knows eh ;o

Trust me, it's framerate issue! When i max out my FPS(200~) my CPU fan starts making jet engine noises, when i lover it to 40 it goes silent.

The client uses up to 100% of the CPU's resources. Is there something I can do?

Yes. Go to Options->Graphics->Advanced and check out your frame rate limit. If it is set to "Max", please lower the limit to a decent value. It may be necessary to make some experiments here. Once you have finished doing this your computer's CPU should use less of its resources on Tibia.

This.

Ill test it within a hour, i'll report back if any change :p But dunno if this'll mean something, even when I open tibia without logging it, I see my cpu usage rise from 0-1% to 25-35%

What graphics card do you have and what bit OS are you running? I was told (by an old friend who played tibia when it first came out) that the main reason for the high CPU usage is because it's a 16 bit game, normally people run x86 or x64 bit OS and they have to use extra computer resources to emulate it and run it compatibilly.

I've done put it down too 150 and even 100, and yet remains in the 20~ usage, any other suggestions? brought it down by a little

I've done put it down too 150 and even 100, and yet remains in the 20~ usage, any other suggestions? brought it down by a little

Put it down to 60. Thats the framerate I am comfortable with. (Don't see any difference between 60 and 150).
Download coreTemp and monitor CPU temperature, if the temperature gets too high you can also see the CPU frequency. Sometimes the CPU under-clock itself to reduce temperature, and this results in lag/heavier % usage of current clockrate.

Also, it helps sometimes to just "swap" from DirectX 9 to directX 5, and then back to 9.

I am currently using Catalyst Control Central, program which also measures the PC temp, but I almost NEVER get above 30 Cel unless I run tibia which will make it sometime raise towards 65 celcius (Same Fan Speed), depending on the amount of clients opened.. Currently at 35 Cel, with one client open waitin' in the waiting list. And yeah I'll test those things out once I've managed to login

Thanks

ARe you using bots? Because I know that they can be pretty heavy.. Some of them

I had this same problem. Moved the limit framerate do 60 and fixed the problem =)

Hello,

High CPU usage will not generated by graphic effect but reading huge battle list & map structure inside client memory. Most of updates since to 7.4 - 11+ incereasing battle list size. Now is around x6 bigger than 12 years ago.
You can check this by standing in alone place (no monster/npc/players) with range x = -9, 9 || y = -7, 7 ||z = multifloor.
Current battle list length is over 1300 creatures where most of them are already dead. Your game client need to read some information creature by creature to find special one.

To update colors, addons, level percent, speed, direction and more informations incredible fast, all through the memory reading and writing.
If you make simple funcion in assembly code inside Tibia Memory example:

Code:
Alloacte Region: 0x001B0000
mov ecx, 1
add ecx, 1
jmp 001B0000

Your CUP usage will around 90%. This same was happen while client read battle list or game map structure.

Regards,
Ascer

Back