• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

History of Tibia/Antica documentary

Tony32

Veteran OT User
Reaction score
I friend of mine found this video on youtube yesterday. It's about tibias history and specific stories and events regarding Antica. It's like an hour long but its worth the watch! I even got a little depressed by it, when seeing how it was back in the day, and that those days are over.
I learned a lot as well, like houses had keys. And if you lost them, your house was no longer available to you.

The story of the mercenaries was really cool as well.

I wanted to share this to those that experienced those days or to those that are interested in tibias past.
And no, its not my video, nor do I know who made it.
Do you have any other old Tibia stories to share?

nice movie maybe a little one sided

someone here wrote about thunder hammer quest in darashia
funny stuff imo

Would love to see a series spawn out of this.. I know it prolly took him AGES to gather/edit and voice over all this amazing footage.
Would love to see Amera history! - Grew up on that server and saw all the legends.. - Elmera Stronghart, Ponin The Elf, Star Scream, Popov, Gugo, Green Gangster etc etc..... get's me all hyped even typing those names again.

After watching these videos, I actually contacted CIPSoft and asked if they'd be willing to let the wider community take a look at the development tools for the early versions of Tibia (pre 7.0 tools) to see what people were working on, knowing that some of those tools had been given to community members to make areas such as Fibula and the Tibianic. Sadly they said no. HOWEVER, they did say that they have archives of all of their old builds, development tools, map versions etc. - they've been really careful about archiving their old work it seems, which is nice, because you hear about a lot of studios that have just lost their source codes.

HOWEVER, they did say that they have archives of all of their old builds, development tools, map versions etc. - they've been really careful about archiving their old work it seems, which is nice, because you hear about a lot of studios that have just lost their source codes.
Wuut, not the servers themselves I guess? That's what I would be rly interested in (source)
I recall they at one time (way back) said so in their official forums that they did not store/archive older server versions. But now it's so long ago I no longer trust my memory lol

Just want to let you know he posted a new video a few months ago! Great watch.

Happy to say part 3 showed up today! Just started watching it! Pog
Proud to have contributed to this masterpiece, even if it wasn't significant.
I wish we could have more vids like this to preserve history, possibly about other servers too, but the amount of work it requires is insane.

Yeah, just watched this 2 hours movie. It is amazing how descriptive and interesting those series are. Touched my heart and so I believe every Tibia lover.

I think this was the very last one sadly.. was always exciting to watch this through while mapping and thinking of the old days.
Would also be cool to have a video on the start of Open Tibia Servers, how different servers were made, tools created, community itself.

Many people who played on old versions or even now retail Tibia have been trying an OTS at some point, bringing back that first experience for me makes me curious to other people's experiences with OTS.

Good suggestion about making a video of the story of OTS. That would be intresting.

Back