• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Hosting a server on x64 windows vista

keatoru

...workin...
Reaction score
My friend and I are trying to start a server and he is going to be hosting it. We tried installing xampp, we got the distro, our map, ports are forwarded correctly, everything's right. Is the reason we can't get the server because he is running a 64bit OS? Is there any thing we can do to get everything to work correctly?

It doesn't matter if you are using 32bit or 64bit as long as the map is small.

I have hosted servers before on my desktop (my friend is the one trying to host this server). I know all the steps to setting it up. I've gone through it all and set everything, have correct ip in config. ports are forwarded server goes online. I just can't connect. i have my ips right.

Is it just that my friends running a 64 bit system?

You've done this right on config.lua?:

sqlType = "mysql"
sqlHost = "localhost"
sqlPort = 3306
sqlUser = "root"
sqlPass = "LOCALHOSTPASS"
sqlDatabase = "NAMEOFDB"
sqlFile = "forgottenserver.s3db"
sqlKeepAlive = 0
mysqlReadTimeout = 10
mysqlWriteTimeout = 10
encryptionType = "plain"

yes elaney

@mujica
i told him how to set up a no-ip. he set it up perfectly. i used the no-ip in the config. and just be sure that wasn't the problem i also used his real ip in another version of the config.

that was definately worth the post... helps me out SOOOO much...

you know what. screw it. i don't want the help anymore. ill figure it out my self. you all keep trying to suggest the most obvious errors when I have already covered that and i've stated so MANY times. just kill/lock/delete/sticky for all i care this thread. just forget about it.

useless support.

Back