• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Hosting WebSite at home

rocamalo

Reaction score
Hi community! it's me again hehe.
I have my server+database+website up and running at my own computer,
i have a pc im planning to let 24/7 online so i was wondering, if i buy a domain is it possible to host the website in my own computer, what software shoul i use and what ports should i open, i really appreciate your help,
Thanks!!:rolleyes:

U Dont Need To Buy Domain If u Would like To Get A Domain Like Sytes.net Zapto.org And So on you Can Got It Free From No-ip.com and Make the Dns On Domain.

The problem with home hosting is the internet speed and specs of a home computer, plus the dynamic IP (24h disconnect)
So if you try to host at home a domain will be waste since a domain is not updating that quickly like a no-ip.org or such.
For example:
You bought a domain, set the ip now everything is fine until your next disconnect.
If you got a new ip you will have to update the domain, which can take up to 1-2 hours or even more.
That would be totally waste. Instead do what @Owner Maydel wrote and get a no-ip.org or zapto.org dns or w/e, they update in around 10 minutes max.
Thats just 1 click for updating and your server runs well again.

Your server is a shit server? :eek: ah thanks for the info bro

if you want:
rpzQCtH.png

Well guys maybe i didn't explain myself well, the thing is i already have a no-ip adress and people are able to connect to my otserver throught it,
but How can i manage so they can see my website trhough the same MYSERVERNAME.NO-IP.ORG address in their internet explorers?
I already opened port 80, have xampp and everything what do i need to do? i really appreaciate your help! thanks!

U Mean U Need Put Ur Ip In Otservlist.org For Example Can U Explain More Please.
Read his latest question again.

Well guys maybe i didn't explain myself well, the thing is i already have a no-ip adress and people are able to connect to my otserver throught it,
but How can i manage so they can see my website trhough the same MYSERVERNAME.NO-IP.ORG address in their internet explorers?
I already opened port 80, have xampp and everything what do i need to do? i really appreaciate your help! thanks!
What happens when you try to visit your domain/address in your browser?

Read his latest question again.

What happens when you try to visit your domain/address in your browser?

It is kind of weird something about security appears, it says google cant verify the certificate or something and that it's unsecured, not sure why it says that, i also tried with Mozilla Firefox and is the same. :(

Did U Sure Ur Port Is On? otslist.eu/can_i_host And Check if Port 80 Are on
Stop posting things that does not help him solve his problems.. Ports got nothing todo with chrome/firefox saying the site isn't secure.

It is kind of weird something about security appears, it says google cant verify the certificate or something and that it's unsecured, not sure why it says that, i also tried with Mozilla Firefox and is the same. :(
Do you get the same security error if you try to connect to the website with your local IP?
Do you get to the routers login-interface?

Uninstall XAMPP and install Uniform Server instead, you can follow this tutorial and everything should work.
https://otland.net/threads/video-tu...ing-ot-server-website-and-shop-system.166818/

Stop posting things that does not help him solve his problems.. Ports got nothing todo with chrome/firefox saying the site isn't secure.

Do you get the same security error if you try to connect to the website with your local IP?
Do you get to the routers login-interface?

Uninstall XAMPP and install Uniform Server instead, you can follow this tutorial and everything should work.
https://otland.net/threads/video-tu...ing-ot-server-website-and-shop-system.166818/

Yes i get the same security error when i put my local IP, and yes i can login to my router interface!
Is it the same to use Uniform server? because i really like XAMPP hehe
Thanks!

Back