• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Hosting with Telus

Sync

Ø,ø
Reaction score
I've been away from the OT community for quite some time now but i am back.

What im wondering is, Is there anyone else Hosting Open Tibia Servers from canada? I just recently moved and I set up Telus as my internet provider. Problem is (I Found this out after already purchased) they apparently block a bunch of ports. Port 80, 443 etc. I was on the phone for a sum total of around 4 hours with Telus's tech staff trying to find a way to portforward and to dismiss the blocked ports function but even they couldnt figure it out. I have also spent numerous hours trying to solve this problem my self but cant find a solution besides switch internet provider which is nothing but a hastle.

Please! Someone help me!

The modem I am using through Telus is New Telus Gateway T2200H modem.

@Red Do you have any idea about this? Your an old friend of mine and your name came to mind lol

@Archez @Cykotitan @JDB @Mock

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you plan on hosting an ots on your home pc? If so I strongly advise you to rent a vps or dedicated instead to ensure both, a smooth and lag free gameplay aswell as ddos protection :)

The ports you will need for the ots are: 7171,7172, 80

I bought extra powerfull internet just for the point of me hosting it from my computer. Ive been around the OpenTibia community for some time now so I know I can buy a dedicated but I would rather not. I need to resolve this portforwarding problem. =\

I bought extra powerfull internet just for the point of me hosting it from my computer. Ive been around the OpenTibia community for some time now so I know I can buy a dedicated but I would rather not. I need to resolve this portforwarding problem. =\
Are the Tibia ports blocked? I can see that you are experienced as far as OTS are concerned, howeveer back in your time (2009) there wasn't a demand for ddos protection as high as it is now. Now your server gets pinged down by kiddos for no reason really so I once more recommend you to get a vps/dedi. If your provider even is not able to unblock the ports for you, there is no way, you can, if they are really blocked by the provider by default.

Port 80, 443 and 3306 are forsure. And lets say I get to that point and have to deal with DDOS i will deal with it then. I would rather figure out this problem now and go from there

Port 80, 443 and 3306 are forsure. And lets say I get to that point and have to deal with DDOS i will deal with it then. I would rather figure out this problem now and go from there
If your internet PROVIDER blocks these ports there is nothing I imagine you could do. If anything try the port forwarding tutorials or try to access your router config where you might manually open the ports..

Last edited:
If theres a will. Theres a way. And maybe someone on here knows the way. Enough of your discouragement Thanks

Most of DDOS attacks are targeted at port 80, simply because those attacks can be easily bought online. If you have port 7171 and 7172 open then you can just host your OTS and get cheap webhosting service for your website. This has the side-effect of combating some DDoS attacks ;)

And no, if your provider blocks those ports, there's nothing you can do, no matter the will. I know from personal experience :)

I've been away from the OT community for quite some time now but i am back.

What im wondering is, Is there anyone else Hosting Open Tibia Servers from canada? I just recently moved and I set up Telus as my internet provider. Problem is (I Found this out after already purchased) they apparently block a bunch of ports. Port 80, 443 etc. I was on the phone for a sum total of around 4 hours with Telus's tech staff trying to find a way to portforward and to dismiss the blocked ports function but even they couldnt figure it out. I have also spent numerous hours trying to solve this problem my self but cant find a solution besides switch internet provider which is nothing but a hastle.

Please! Someone help me!

The modem I am using through Telus is New Telus Gateway T2200H modem.

@Red Do you have any idea about this? Your an old friend of mine and your name came to mind lol

@Archez @Cykotitan @JDB @Mock

Yea this is why I went with Shaw :p

Back