• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How accepted is OTClient?

diegoztt

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm actually planning in doing something REALLY cool with this client, more specifically to the OT community, I have always worked and made tools for real servers, and now it is rather soon to put that much of a work in breaking their latest anti-cheating tools when they keep doing so many changes, so instead I wanna contribute some to the OT community.

Anyways, I wanna know how accepted is the OT Client, when it comes down to download/usage, does every OT use self compiled clients, how much ratio of users actually use them as per a regular basis?

If more questions arises, I will post them here..

Thanks in advance! :)

All servers who is more advanced than normal OTS use OTClient, like pokemon, naruto, dragon ball etc. But not only this servers use OTClient, for example Medivia use only OTClient. Some players use OTClient as a replacement for normal client version (like me). Like you see at this thread OTClient have a large group of users and contributors. New modules may help to gain popularity.

Im not using otclient bcus it looks fkn shit ;/ if it would look 1 / 1 same as normal client i would use it forever ;p

As the @MagicWall said, it's mostly used by custom servers.
But OTClient requires a bit more of CPU usage and the original Tibia's client works for mostly servers, so people don't like to get out from the Tibia's client.
I use the OTClient on my Kingdom Age server, for example, because it's a custom server.
I would like to know what you pretend to contribute.

@Hashirama479
Look at this project, OTClient theme like normal tibia: [OTC] Tibia Theme v1.2

@River KA
OTClient use more RAM than normal client but CPU usage is similar. Look at my tests - FPS limit to 60, OTClient lights off (it's more advanced than in normal tibia client), OpenGL [CPU Intel i3-2310m, GPU Nvidia 410m]:
Maximize window:
OTClientVSOTibia30082017.png

Minimize window:
OTClientVSOTibiaIdle30082017.png

When I use DirectX9 on normal client CPU usage is similar +/- 2%.

But OTClient requires a bit more of CPU usage and the original Tibia's client works for mostly servers, so people don't like to get out from the Tibia's client.
I think CPU usage/RAM doesn't scare peoples. I think than normal Tibia Client isn't the biggest competitor, because the biggest competitor is bot (ElfBot, Xeno and other). In the other hand OTClient works with most versions but it's need .spr and .dat files (maybe auto downloader mod will change this) and OTClient have in build ip changer who is very helful and save time.
New mods will increase the number of OTClient users.

@MagicWall Could you test there the same but on the login screen? Here, on the login screen, it uses 1 fully core.

to be honest otclient change my life, its a little bit harder use it the first time, but when you're learning how it works, you may do tons of things with it, and it bring to you a comfortable place to play, as example sound,skins,etc the only thing i dont like about it is there no dx9 compat so you have to compile as yourself, and there are not enough tutorials how to edit it. the worst invention was candybot :/

to be honest otclient change my life, its a little bit harder use it the first time, but when you're learning how it works, you may do tons of things with it, and it bring to you a comfortable place to play, as example sound,skins,etc the only thing i dont like about it is there no dx9 compat so you have to compile as yourself, and there are not enough tutorials how to edit it. the worst invention was candybot :/

You can compile with DX9 compatibility, but on the latest version, I still don't know how to.
You can disable candybot, I think.

Then why don't you make better one, 1:1 as real Tibia?:rolleyes:
The main reason people don't like OTC is lack of bots.

I have no experience at editing stuff like that + Theres no reason at all to use OT Client atm ;p

@River KA
The problem with too much usage CPU occurs with option "Game framerate limit: max" (standard OTClient option) in my task manager ~28%, but for example with 60 FPS max, that like in screen.
Probably maximally FPS really maximally use CPU.
OTClientVSOTibiaMainScreen30082017.png

Thank you very much for all your input!
I will download all reposteries this weekend and do some testing, then I will put a word out on what exactly I’d be working on

now with the walking and effect fixes, otc ovbiusly is the best option
the only minor troule is that at the moment isn't aviable the option to have dx9 and opengl in the same client :c

EGcn1dd.png

now with the walking and effect fixes, otc ovbiusly is the best option
the only minor troule is that at the moment isn't aviable the option to have dx9 and opengl in the same client :c

EGcn1dd.png

did u do that client style edit?

Back