• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How can I edit an item to be a container?

Sebastian Vega

Reaction score
Hi, recently i added an item to my OT 8.6 and I edited it in xml so that it can be opened but when it opens I get 'debug', can someone help me?

210.jpg

debug10.png

and here is the .xml

xml10.png

It doesn't have the value slotType neither weight (Don't know if you want this to be a backpack, but I guess it need to have weight)

Code:
    <item id="1988" article="a" name="backpack">
        <attribute key="weight" value="1800" />
        <attribute key="containerSize" value="20" />
        <attribute key="slotType" value="backpack" />
    </item>

Oh snap man I've never used that one before I'm not sure. All I know is from my own experience from adding custom items is this: 1) Put the sprite in the game with Object Builder, 2) mark all the attributes/flags in Object Builder (container, useable, pickupable, etc), 3) edit the items.otb, edit items.xml.

Again I've never used 0.3.6 before so if there's some other steps I wouldn't know :/ sorry man!

the debug is client side.
use the option reload item or update item in the itemEditor then save as a new ITEM otb in other folder, and cut it and replace the old item.otb

Try to use Object builder, find the sprite > go to propertys, and check Container. Save the sprite and the client.

Only edit items.otb and items.xml will not works, client also needs the option container checked.

Back