• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How do the".spr" and ".dat" extensions work?

KungTao

Reaction score
Hello there! :)
I have seen loads of SPR editors, DAT editors, etc. But I have never understood how do they work, how do they open the .spr and .dat files, how do this files work, heheh...
If someone could teach me a little bit about these extensions I would be eternally thankful :D

Thank you very much from now!

I will explain the spr format: basicly it contains a lot of pictures, on my spr editor, you hit extract, it extracts everything to a folder.. you can then modify the sprites the in the folder or add new ones. Afterwards you hit compile and it creates a new tibia.spr, you then replace the .spr in your tibia folder with the new one. Next time you load tibia all the changes you made will be in place in game

I will explain the spr format: basicly it contains a lot of pictures, on my spr editor, you hit extract, it extracts everything to a folder.. you can then modify the sprites the in the folder or add new ones. Afterwards you hit compile and it creates a new tibia.spr, you then replace the .spr in your tibia folder with the new one. Next time you load tibia all the changes you made will be in place in game

Thank you, but i already knew that. what i meant with my question is how do the SPR editors and DAT editors open this kind of files. I have seen in many posts that you talk about short (2 bytes) int (4 bytes) and stuff, so the question is: how does your spr editor work, for example. Thak you anyway for your answer :)

Back