• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling how do you tell if its complied in 64 bit?

botter1234

Reaction score
what are some ways to tell if its complied in 64 bit.. i open task manager and this says forgottenserver.exe *32 it said that before i complied and after; im pretty sure its complied correctly because says compiled at the top. im not sure . please help

Its compiled in x64 if you told the compiler to do so, either by adding the -m64 flag for MinGW or you told MSCV to compile for arch x64.

I believe you still see *32 because TFS is not native x64 code so it runs on WOW64 but still can address x64 amounts of memory. (idk if that is correct)

As I told you earlier, my said the same with *32 and it can handle maps over 100kb = needs 64bit. And since I added -m64, its compiled as that.
The "problem" is that your server dosen't use more then 1.5gb ram, why should it use more if it dosen't need to?
I would rather have that and know that I can buy a smaller server, since the server dosen't use all my gb.

Servers that make better use of ram do not need as fast a processors and respond faster due to less hard drive load so you wouldn't need a better server just a server with more ram., *32 means that it is running in 32 bit. I don't know exactly how the mapping and stuff works with tibia but I do have a more than good understanding of the windows operating system.

I have been messing with it for a long time and successfully made 64 bit application with code blocks but by the time I was done it was bugged to all hell xD.

RAM usage is irrelevant to necessary or used CPU power. And the HDD load should be 0 because everything is loaded to RAM on startup. Unless the OS start paging, you will not use the HDD directly.

You're wrong dominique120, what do you think happens when you run out of ram? The pc has write different things to it in order to continue processing.

@doninique. lolol which is hard drive load that is also reduced by 64 bit better memory handling.

Instead of flaming your pointless crap be more helpful towards the topic or go elsewhere please, thank you.

And some reading for you to better understand
http://computer.howstuffworks.com/virtual-memory.htm

Paging is used to expand your ram capabilities it is not your ram.

Last edited:
As you don't seem to trust me, I sent you a pm. But I can post the pic here aswell.
Dmk9G.png

As you can see, it writes to the logs, as I now have the error log in my "data/logs/server" folder.
As I stated prev. the *32 has nothing to do with if the program is compiled in 32bit or 64bit.

As you don't seem to trust me, I sent you a pm. But I can post the pic here aswell.
Dmk9G.png

As you can see, it writes to the logs, as I now have the error log in my "data/logs/server" folder.
As I stated prev. the *32 has nothing to do with if the program is compiled in 32bit or 64bit.

I trust that the crash log is correct, but the *32 absolutely does have everything to do with 32 bit and 64 bit because *32 specifically means that the system is emulating 32 bit via wow64

I trust that the crash log is correct, but the *32 absolutely does have everything to do with 32 bit and 64 bit because *32 specifically means that the system is emulating 32 bit via wow64

Still the program workes as 64bit. Dosen't matter what the program is emulating, and ive never seen any tfs compiled with a *64 in the taskmanager.

No, they do not use *64, applications without *32 and. Nothing to the right of them are 64 bit as long as the operating system itself is 64 bit, the point in 64 bit for a server is for memory handling and faster processing. Which you will not get in 32 bi emulation. That's why we want to upgrade to 64 bit, but mostly we want stability as long as we can maintain stability with a significant amount of expansions and little lag, like are happy to use 32 bit 64 is just a preference for anyone in the server world.

Last edited:
No, they do not use *64, applications without *32 and. Nothing to the right of them are 64 bit as long as the operating system itself is 64 bit, the point in 64 bit for a server is for memory handling and faster processing. Which you will not get in 32 bi emulation. That's why we want to upgrade to 64 bit, but mostly we want stability as long as we can maintain stability with a significant amount of expansions and little lag, like are happy to use 32 bit 64 is just a preference for anyone in the server world.

Look, all dallas need. What everyone uses are what I did to dallas server. The server uses what I needs, most of the times all you need is 64bit to load bigger maps. If you wanna change most of the source code thats up to you.
He asked for a 64bit and he got a 64bit exe. We can settle at that, nothing more to talk about since its working. Lets see if it was just a bad exe he had or if the crash log generates anything.

Back