• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How does hosting with a proxy work on OTserverlist?

nugo

Australia OT Mapper
Solutions
Reaction score
Lets say you have a server in the EU and a Proxy server in the US, can you add duplicate servers one with the proxy IP in USA and one with the EU IP so you can see it listed for both areas? Or is that not possible/against the rules?

Last edited:
its possible i saw that on 1 server but dont know how to make it yet

I have a proxy set up im just curious if i can advertise my server in both different regions

I have a proxy set up im just curious if i can advertise my server in both different regions
I saw Retrocores 4 different regions same server on otservlist, so i think its possible

Saw this post a while ago, never tried it out but will in future
About the two ip adresses, In my eyes. You only need the host ip adress that's connected onto the domain and the domain is the one that goes out in public once you enter it into the webbrowser.
The game will be the laggy one and is where the proxy is needed, just my eyes?

Last edited:
Saw this post a while ago, never tried it out but will in future
He said that he has already set up proxy and wants to know if he can advertise both IPS on the otservlist.

He said that he has already set up proxy and wants to know if he can advertise both IPS on the otservlist.

And they clearly understood that and gave their opinion: No. The OT should be only listed in the region where the host operating the game engine is.

My opinion is based on more technical details. Are you using paid peering for this proxy? Then yes.
If not, then no. If you don't even know what peering means, then definitely no.

Back