• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How does ShadowCores keep up to date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultrkomm

Reaction score
Hi

I'm just wondering how ShadowCores keeps up to date with the real Tibia? With all new areas, NPC:s, quests etc

No shit? But technically how do they do it?

No wonder the OpenTibia community is dying when everyone is an asshole.

No shit? But technically how do they do it?

No wonder the OpenTibia community is dying when everyone is an asshole.

Well, you pretty much asked an obvious question.

Talaturen & Kornholijo are both programmers, they probably have their own map tracker which is up to date, that's how they have the maps, after that, its pretty much just creating the scripts for the quests & NPC's.

Talaturen & Kornholijo are both programmers, they probably have their own map tracker which is up to date
Alternatively use the already created by someone else's map tracker, they just update it.

Talaturen is an example of what everyone should try to be.
A person that works hard, not download and run.

And guess what, it pays off, his server tops the online list everyday.
Maybe people can learn a thing or two from him.
Just because you don't know how to do some things, doesn't mean you can't learn it.

Map Tracker then Broadcasting! :D
i think thats how he does it.... even sometimes quests that arent explained on wikia he look up....

btw isnt he rich now kinda? XD

It's the try that counts.

You don't see the fact that Talaturen is only concerned with himself, do you? He doesn't care about this forum. He dedicates 98% of his time to TFS and his server because he personally benefits from it, not because the people of this community do. I've never once seen Talaturen take time out of his day to assist people in the support board with issues, nor have I ever seen him release anything except TFS and an IP Changer when he is capable of doing so much more. He's a smart guy, but couldn't give two shits about the people of this community. I've been around for 7 years, it's pretty obvious. He may claim he does and he's got a lot of supporters, so he can argue it, but deep down, he doesn't give a shit. Or at least it seems this way. Unless he directly benefits (financially, reputably) from his actions, he doesn't do it. "Meh, I'll give these guys a little push and let them figure it out...good luck boys." OT has been on a shit path for years and he hasn't attempted to do jack shit about it. "I'll host one last OT and go out in style!" - that's his mentality, or so it seems by his actions. If you don't see it, you're lying to yourself.

He could do so much more, but chooses not to. That's not someone you should look up to. (I'm only saying this because you told people they should try to be like him, which is ridiculous. They should try to be better than him.)

P.S. I realize I may have just initiated one of the largest debates in the history of OtLand. It's worth a discussion in my opinion. Let the games begin.

Last edited:
J.Dre, that post is by far the most absurd post I have ever seen. I've seen Talaturen help other members, especially in questions/issues that are not solved by other members.
You act like he should do everything and spoonfeed everyone here, no, that's not how it should be. He works on TFS and in my opinion, that's an already difficult job.
Our community is capable of doing ANYTHING.

J.Dre, that post is by far the most absurd post I have ever seen. I've seen Talaturen help other members, especially in questions/issues that are not solved by other members.
You act like he should do everything and spoonfeed everyone here, no, that's not how it should be. He works on TFS and in my opinion, that's an already difficult job.
Our community is capable of doing ANYTHING.

Spoon feed the community? Where did I write that? I don't see it anywhere. To him working on TFS is like taking a bath. By now, it's second nature, it isn't difficult at all. Ever noticed how his servers always use TFS 0.2, and not 0.3 or 0.4? Have you also ever noticed that he rarely contributes to 0.3/0.4 development himself? He doesn't benefit from doing so, so he prefers not to do it.

Members of this forum should not try to "be like him," they should try to be better than him. Self interest has consumed him.

Geez, why so angry? Yes, he's capable of doing more, but that doesn't mean he HAS to.
I'm capable of doing more than what I have given the community, but I just am lazy; heck, there are a lot of people who have not done ANYTHING.
I was using him as a role model for programming knowledge and development.

Geez, why so angry? Yes, he's capable of doing more, but that doesn't mean he HAS to.
I'm capable of doing more than what I have given the community, but I just am lazy; heck, there are a lot of people who have not done ANYTHING.
I was using him as a role model for programming knowledge and development.

I'm not angry, just disappointed. He told me he'll be done with OT in about 2 years and I was hoping he would try to fix things before he left. Otherwise, it'll probably die a little faster every day until it's like OTFans. Then some fool like Stix will take over. I just want to see the community grow and thrive again, I mean no harm by making this argument. I've got nothing against Talaturen except his lack of entitlement. I expected more from him, and you should to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back