• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How I see moderators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fribben

OriginalTibia.com
Reaction score
Just wanted to point out a few things that I noticed and maybe that's something this forum needs; an improvement of their moderators to seperate their work from their intrests.

I remember Realsoft as many others, I'm not here to comment about who he is or how his work is, I'm here to discuss the banishments made indirect by him on OTLand on several people.

I remember: when Realsoft made several servers and people lost money and wanted people to stay away from this guy, so everytime he started a server they could give constructive critism about what he did wrong to avoid people getting scammed, those replies got deleted and users got infractions and eventually banishments if they kept going.

I remember: when Realsoft changed his name to Erik which was very obvious to the community yet denied by moderators, that's not the fact the fact is that when people tried to make people realize that and open their eyes so they won't commit the same mistake, the posts once again got deleted and several users were banned. Classified as flamers directed against this poor guy named Erik.

I remember: when Realsoft made a thread it was guarded by moderators that didn't even have anything to do with that thread, they were mainly his friends.

What point am I making? This community needs some order, I agree.. but you should keep a watch on the moderators that does this kind of behaviour because honestly, it's unprofessional and very low.

@People that see a word and thinks I mean all moderators: I mean a few that were in this case, they know who they are.

Fribben.

Just wanted to say, I can only remember that the mods did everything to keep people from getting spammed again by this guy, not supporting him like the way you say.

Do you feel offended?

Quoted from Faloria's thread ( Realsoft's previous work-mates ) by Peroxide:

[...] I will delete all posts that include the words realots because it's indirect advertising. [...]
Anymore mentions of "realots" will be deleted as I stated in the other thread[...]

This just proves that "reporting" isn't what he did back then, it was the help of the moderators this happened.

Every time you create a report it makes a new thread on a board that only moderators can see, those are more accessible data for moderators and will better threads if everyone reported things, it just so happens that I'm looking forward to Faloria and thus I'm more likely to view the thread about Faloria, thus I'm more likely to see rule violations etc, I'm not protecting the server, criticism on Faloria is probably taken lightly by Amoaz so long as it's constructive, but I don't see the need for you fanboys of RealOTs etc to include "RealOTs" in every single sentence you write...

Sure, lets delete all mods and have 1023910239 pages of bullshit nonsense spamm about unrelated things. OH yes we all want that! (and if you want to im pretty sure a mod could confirm the number of reported posts from Faloria thread, which would be loads, same thing goes for old Mastercores thread.) But I guess most mods developed more brain then you, and if they recived shitloads of reports from the same thread, they know that will be a place very likley to be spammed again, and will go check it without getting constant reports.

Im out of here, the topic is dead and your arguments sucks.

We still must check every report and close it after we're done evaluating the report (i.e what action to take if any). But yes you're right.

@master: mind explaining it further?

Pretty sure it's me you're talking about, the only posts I'm deleting are the ones mentioning RealOTs, Offensive language and Offtopic. I just went over the entire thread again and stand by my decisions.

Was somewhat responding to the, hmm I guess "accusation" about heavily guarding a thread (if that is a point you're trying to make) I'm not quite 100%, your post was more of a TL;DR, I don't class my actions as guarding the thread but some of my decisions may be rushed.

Mind talking to me via Query on OtLand chat?

You are guarding the thread obviously since you're not a moderator on the advertising boards. But you guys are switching the subject, I was taking you as an example, I don't care that you do that, I'm just explaining how the incident of Realsoft being flamed at first got the moderators attention when they were on his side, but when they weren't and still was on this thread, the flames were not removed the same way, which proves how the moderators used their power to guard his threads at first and then when they didn't want anything to do with him they didn't do much about the flames unless they were reported.

Also the incident where a moderator posted his IP adress and the other accounts of his just because the co-operation failed.

How many times do I have to repeat myself?

I'm not listed as a mod there because I'm a global moderator, I have moderator power over all boards, I was primarily a board moderator on Mapping showoff, Community chatboards and Art showoff.

I don't know anything about the IP being posted back then probably because I wasn't really an active Oldschool player I guess so I can't really comment on that.

It's still best for you to report posts that are violating rules, it leads to quicker evaluation.
I don't view other threads because I'm not going to go out of my way to go through every single thread, I have limited time per day. As I said, it just so happens I will be playing Faloria and thus I am more inclined to view the thread, thus more likely to view rule violators.

People should really READ through things carefully before posting, because most of you doesn't have a clue what you are talking about.

People should really READ through things carefully before posting, because most of you doesn't have a clue what you are talking about.
I don't know what you are talking about but it doesn't make much sense (to anyone as I can see).

I conclude that you are not awaiting an answer, as you responded in a weird way to Peroxide's post. Therefore I will close the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back