• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How many players can my server handle?

ZyZ010

Reaction score
Hi all, i need just a little help.
Let's say that i have:
Processor: AMD athlon II X2 240
RAM: 3 GB DDR2
On my last thread i was informed that is not needed to have graphics card for hosting OT
Internet Speed:
Download SPeed: 2 Mbps
Upload speed: 1.24 Mbps

How many player's can my server Support?. And if i change my proccesor to intel I5 well it make any diffrent's?...

Thanks! I love you!

Last edited:
I'm not an expert at this, But I hope this helps abit.

I saw this calculation in some old thread long time ago, so I saved it.
Code:
Your upload speed x 1024.
1,24 x 1024 = 1269,76.

1269,76 / 16 = 79,36.

Result: 79 ~

The bandwith should be enough for 79 players +/-.

I counted all your upload speed in this calucation, you should leave atleast 10% of the internet speed from the calculation.
If you are going to use a website you won't be able to host 79~ players, because some of the bandwith will be used for the website.

You should host all images on an external website like https://imageshack.com/ because that will save some bandwith when you are USING a website.

Internet Speed:
Download SPeed: 2 Mbps
Upload speed: 1.24 Mbps

What? ... Maybe.. 5 players? 10 max. You wouldn't be able to host a RL map on that, though, not with more than.. 2? people. Lol

I'm not an expert at this, But I hope this helps abit.

I saw this calculation in some old thread long time ago, so I saved it.
Code:
Your upload speed x 1024.
1,24 x 1024 = 1269,76.

1269,76 / 16 = 79,36.

Result: 79 ~

The bandwith should be enough for 79 players +/-.

I counted all your upload speed in this calucation, you should leave atleast 10% of the internet speed from the calculation.
If you are going to use a website you won't be able to host 79~ players, because some of the bandwith will be used for the website.

You should host all images on an external website like https://imageshack.com/ because that will save some bandwith when you are USING a website.

I'm sorry, but what are you smoking? 79 players? Maybe for a 7.2 server, sure. But not for anything 8.0+

Depends on what typ of server (map/scripts) for example I dont think you can even launch an RL map with that RAM. But a small evo that
I was thinking 8.60
Upload speed is moust important right?..
What if my upload speed is 2.20 Mbps
RAM also, you thinking about hosting RL-map?

What? ... Maybe.. 5 players? 10 max. You wouldn't be able to host a RL map on that, though, not with more than.. 2? people. Lol

I'm sorry, but what are you smoking? 79 players? Maybe for a 7.2 server, sure. But not for anything 8.0+

He said nothing about client version or anything when I replied.

Well a Rl 8.60 with 2.up and 2.down could become lagy with about 20+ depending on who els is on your network using your internet. I had a 8.60 wasn't rl, fully custom. Was about 3/4 the size of the rl map and i had maybe 150 w/o lag with 2.up 10.down

You can try it and see what happens but like I said you can see some lag anywhere from 20-40 people depending who els is using your network.

Rlmap with less than 4gbps don't is possible to run

Depends who made the rlmap and if its running 1.0, my rlmap (printers, but ive changed almost every script) uses around 2gb without players and 3-4 with players. Its all about optimizing scripts.
If you are gonna host an 8.60 server you should have ATLEAST 4gb ram, id say you need 8gb since most 8.60 servers has 99.9% downloaded scripts from otland, and will use alot more memory then if you we're to opitmizing them.

Well a Rl 8.60 with 2.up and 2.down could become lagy with about 20+ depending on who els is on your network using your internet. I had a 8.60 wasn't rl, fully custom. Was about 3/4 the size of the rl map and i had maybe 150 w/o lag with 2.up 10.down

You can try it and see what happens but like I said you can see some lag anywhere from 20-40 people depending who els is using your network.

Im the only one.. Connected to my network..

Depends who made the rlmap and if its running 1.0, my rlmap (printers, but ive changed almost every script) uses around 2gb without players and 3-4 with players. Its all about optimizing scripts.
If you are gonna host an 8.60 server you should have ATLEAST 4gb ram, id say you need 8gb since most 8.60 servers has 99.9% downloaded scripts from otland, and will use alot more memory then if you we're to opitmizing them.

http://forgottenl.se/news/
Does anyone know what is there Upload speed?... I want to know because it's 9.20.. and is 6 GB of ram god for hosting abouth 15 Players?.

Take to consideration of what WibbenZ said, he made a nice point here with ram. 3GB of ram generally wont be enough for a RL (OR much of anything 8.60+) IF your ram was a bit better i guess it wouldn't be to bad but it srsly is a bt low for everything.

Take to consideration of what WibbenZ said, he made a nice point here with ram. 3GB of ram generally wont be enough for a RL (OR much of anything 8.60+) IF your ram was a bit better i guess it wouldn't be to bad but it srsly is a bt low for everything.

For 9.20 do i need 6 gb of ram??.

Back