• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How many players can my server handle?

ZyZ010

Reaction score
Hi all, i need just a little help.
Let's say that i have:
Processor: AMD athlon II X2 240
RAM: 3 GB DDR2
On my last thread i was informed that is not needed to have graphics card for hosting OT
Internet Speed:
Download SPeed: 2 Mbps
Upload speed: 1.24 Mbps

How many player's can my server Support?. And if i change my proccesor to intel I5 well it make any diffrent's?...

Thanks! I love you!

Last edited:
The thread title is "How many players can my server handle?" not "Do you recommend me to host an OT with this network".
Do you see the difference? :p

Still why help someone to put up a server with 2mbit upload and after one week, "HELP MY SERVER IS LAGGING". Its just plain stupid if you ask me, atleast 50/50 if you are on a short budget. Its way to risky to host a server with 2mbit. And also since he was planing on hosting an rlmap (according to the pm's he has sent me.)

Still why help someone to put up a server with 2mbit upload and after one week, "HELP MY SERVER IS LAGGING". Its just plain stupid if you ask me, atleast 50/50 if you are on a short budget. Its way to risky to host a server with 2mbit. And also since he was planing on hosting an rlmap (according to the pm's he has sent me.)
Well if he is new to hosting/developing a server I would recommend him to start testing at home to play around with the server and also learn to use linux instead of windows, before he order a server and wasting his money/time on somehting he lack knowledge in.

And as @Znote said he asked how many players the server can handle, not if he should host with it or not.

It can be very valuable to host on a 2Mbit household network. It is easier to consider an investment after running an OT with 100 players online than rolling the dice gambling for a sustainable OT before knowing your community.
Having such a player-base already may even help you fund an upgrade. You can then also be less picky about your server and focus more on DoS / DDoS mitigation knowing what budget you can follow. Which can ultimately benefit the community.

Every one started as a little guy that want's to bring up an OT and played around with it and gained more & more experience.

And to help Newcomers at this process will hopefully help OtLand later if this guy can help other newcomers!

Back