• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How many players can this computer handle?

Well, then I say upto ~1.2k players along with any website system. A little depending on scripts (they can go rough and run out of memory, or like on Eternia, use up a large potion of the CPU). You'll need to use 64bit to use 4GB in total (4GB - ALL other memory, like CPU cache, disk cache, graphicard memory etc is max on 32bit).

I use a 32bit system atm, i'm considering upgrading.

So to my understanding, you're saying that I wont need a hardware update for quite some time?

That's great, thank you Stian

Rep for you

The server uses 1.6 gb ram without players if i'm correct (I opened up taskmanager and checked the memory usage of the process).

I'm also currently using Win XP Professional latest Service Pack and I have killed all the unnecessesary processes for example Explorer

The only stuff that's running is the server and xampp lite
that's what i'm talking about!

u got the pronunciation wrong

180px-O_rly.jpg

In my experience, I would guess around 300 players. People with servers that have 400- 600 players usually rent a server that has 8 GB RAM with atleast 2,000 GB Bandwidth and if they would exceed this limit, they just rent another 2 TB bandwidth.

Good server you have there anyway. :)

He got 100/100mbit connection. It's uncapped. And each user use about 16kbit/s. I base my limits on his ram, but I take into account that real maps can use everything from 2GB to over 3. Even without players. It's too wide to say.

Therefore it depends on the server engine that you're using.

Back