• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How much can this computer handle?

Abbedi

Reaction score
Hello all otlanders!! :D

Well..

I got an rl map and the world file is 103mb.
I want to ask you guys how much can this computer handle (players)?

Processor: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 975 / 3.33 GHz processor
Ram: 24gb ddr3 1600mhz
Harddriver: 150gb raptor 10K RPM
O.S: Windows 7 (If this O.S isn't good for hosting, tell me which one is better to get more players in and more stable)?
Internet: 24/1 mbits adsl (now) but i want to change to one of theese but idk which one :p 10/10 or 100/10 fiberlan.

So how much can i handle with:

24/1mbits
10/10mbits
100/10mbits

That's all

Regards

Abbedi

Last edited:
oh sorry, i forgott to add internet connection ;P

@up@up

I'll use this computer as hosting computer and gaming computer ;P

but haven't got it yet.

It takes about 16kbit/s per player. Lets double it to make it lagfree. So with 10/10 you can handle about 300 players with no risk for lag.

Your computer scales fine for any server. And i bet you can easily handle 2-3k with raid 5 or the entier DB cached in memory, and using Linux or BSD.

I forgott to add my harddriver to so i added it :p

@up
You mean that i can handle 2-3k players with raid 5 and using Linux and 10/10mbits :p?

Sorry for my bad eng..

150 gb ram? joke? haha

I got around 500 on this one I got right now (525) Im thinking abouth buying 1000 gb insted so upgrade that!!!!!

150 gb ram? joke? haha

I got around 500 on this one I got right now (525) Im thinking abouth buying 1000 gb insted so upgrade that!!!!!

WTF are you talking about?

RAM = Random Access Memory
Harddrive = THE SPACE YOU STORE FILES

NOT THE SAME THING!

@ wibben
RPM= revolutions per minute

@jocce
he saw wrong i think ;p

No, upto 3k on 100mbit. But if you don't tweak the database you won't hit anything near that. Cache the entier database in ram (can extend to several GB ofcource), but you'll not need to rely on slow HDD transactions.

WTF are you talking about?

RAM = Random Access Memory
Harddrive = THE SPACE YOU STORE FILES

NOT THE SAME THING!

sry did write wrong, But he has a low hard drive and 4 gb is ok for RAM

but harddrive and have like 100-200 isent mutch not for a host in windows (idk in linux.) but still I think you shude have 600~ in hard drive.

EDIT; Make an speedtest from speedtest look on google for "speedtest" kthxbye

Basicly he should take use of his large memory possition instead of buying expensive disks. 30GB HDD is more then enough for Windows host really.

It takes about 16kbit/s per player. Lets double it to make it lagfree. So with 10/10 you can handle about 300 players with no risk for lag.

Your computer scales fine for any server. And i bet you can easily handle 2-3k with raid 5 or the entier DB cached in memory, and using Linux or BSD.
As far as I know its about 8 kbit/s ;)

Hello all otlanders!! :D

Well..

I got an rl map and the world file is 103mb.
I want to ask you guys how much can this computer handle (players)?

Processor: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 975 / 3.33 GHz processor
Ram: 24gb ddr3 1600mhz
Internet: 24/1 mbits adsl (now) but i want to change to one of theese but idk which one :p 10/10 or 100/10 fiberlan.

So how much can i handle with:

24/1mbits
10/10mbits
100/10mbits

That's all

Regards

Abbedi

24gb/RAM?
Its a waste of money, since there isn't any O.S that can handle that. Even if you install Windows XP(x86), it will use only 4 GB as much.

24gb/RAM?
Its a waste of money, since there isn't any O.S that can handle that. Even if you install Windows XP(x86), it will use only 4 GB as much.

You are wrong here is a table of the maximum usage of RAM

Windows 7 (64-bit)
Starter: 8GB
Home Basic: 8GB
Home Premium: 16GB
Professional: 192GB
Enterprise: 192GB
Ultimate: 192GB

24gb/RAM?
Its a waste of money, since there isn't any O.S that can handle that. Even if you install Windows XP(x86), it will use only 4 GB as much.[/QUOTE]

lol. You are wrong. Im using windows 7 ultimate!

WTF, people... you don't need these monsters to hosts otservs :F

Back