• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How much does this guy like money? You decide.

does this guy have morals?

• Yes

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 85.0%

• Total voters
Hi,

We do not classify our payments as donations, instead we sell 'virtual goods'. On the receipt on your payment on PayPal, you will see we are selling goods and the actual description of goods is 'virtual goods'. It is not allowed by PayPal to accept actual donations (as these have less payment processing fees) if you are not an actual charity.

Incase somebody tries to chargeback, we have to provide proof of actual delivery of the virtual goods (in this case shop points) to the user.

82f88bc6a5.png

Resetting a server is not a bad thing.

Some servers are MADE to reset. It is similar to how Path of Exile does their "Leagues" where it is really fun at the start of the server, when everyone is racing to be the top, but after a few weeks, or a few months in some cases, the server gets boring, and you start over.

If a server dies, why should he have to keep it online? That makes no sense.

Avoid posting potentially offensive message like this one!
He can make even milion restarts and? U feel bad becouse of it? Its nothing wrong with it.
ppl aka idiots are fucking retarded becouse they play on it over and over like a zomies :D but anyway its hurts you? xD just ignore that. same way u ignoring homofags etc

Ofcourse he/anyone can make money this way without being in the absolute wrong, but it doesn't change the fact it hurts the community / potential growth of Tibia/OT overall.

Hosts should help promote the entirety of OT instead of only their own server. The "in-fighting"(when Hosts/Servers fight for players already playing Tibia) of OT is redicilous, without it OT would be world famous already.. but instead everyone is only working to persuade existing Tibia-players to play on THEIR and not anyone elses server. Instead of spending any of it themself on advertising/promoting Tibia/OT to non-players(people who still never heard of Tibia, aka the 99,9% of world populatioN).

Anyways, it's the players own fault - they have to demand and expect better servers and unless they don't it doesn't really matter who abuses it because someone will.

STOP THE INSANITY.

Start rejecting the possibility of an absolute moral or ethical values. Good and evil are vague, and related values are simply the result of social and emotional pressures.

Heya there :p Since when are you active again? I remember you long time ago when you were mod xD

I lurk around oftentimes. I also reply whenever I see bullshit going on.

Because the topic of this thread is about an otserver owner's conduct and not other games.

Read the licensing which should answer your own question.

No, the topic of this thread is the greed of that server's owner and how he uses donations/purchases to his advantage. If you're going to quote the entire GNU license as an argument, you might as well wanna quote the particular line(s) you're using as your defense. Not to mention that the part you quoted is merely a disclaimer, not the GNU license itself. I am not gonna read the entire GNU license just because you're too proud to even back your own statement up. Learn to do a conversation without presenting half arguments and expect us to read a shitload of text to find out what you really want to say.

Hi,

We do not classify our payments as donations, instead we sell 'virtual goods'. On the receipt on your payment on PayPal, you will see we are selling goods and the actual description of goods is 'virtual goods'. It is not allowed by PayPal to accept actual donations (as these have less payment processing fees) if you are not an actual charity.

Incase somebody tries to chargeback, we have to provide proof of actual delivery of the virtual goods (in this case shop points) to the user.

82f88bc6a5.png

Which you're probably going to win whether you provide strong proof or not, unless it's an unauthorized payment dispute or an actual chargeback (credit card company). Most people don't go for the unauthorized payment because, if it wasn't indeed unauthorized or a payment made through a VPN/proxy, GayPal will instantly reject it. Those who fill a dispute, usually make sure they state it's a virtual good (expecting GayPal to actually care) but they end up making GayPal invoking the "no buyer's protection for intangible items" policy. Why can't you people differentiate chargebacks from disputes anyway?

Last edited:
I lurk around oftentimes. I also reply whenever I see bullshit going on.

No, the topic of this thread is the greed of that server's owner and how he uses donations/purchases to his advantage. If you're going to quote the entire GNU license as an argument, you might as well wanna quote the particular line(s) you're using as your defense. Not to mention that the part you quoted is merely a disclaimer, not the GNU license itself. I am not gonna read the entire GNU license just because you're too proud to even back your own statement up. Learn to do a conversation without presenting half arguments and expect us to read a shitload of text to find out what you really want to say.
I've said what I wanted to say, if you need the point spelled out for you in crayon so you can comprehend, that is what your kindergarten teacher is for.

Click the 'donate' button.. Donation shop...
KQCS4s.jpg

Anyone should be able to open a server and make money if they want to, reset it as many times as they want. But they shouldn't destroy other servers in the process...
When theres 3 servers online.. and you DDos 2 of them. Players only have the 3rd server to play because its not getting DDos'd.. lol

My intended point of this post was to show how one developer is only out for money in the community that I care about and how he took advantage of it.

Where he destroyed other servers in the process to be able to build his own player base... and once he built a player base... resets and launches new servers for one goal..

I don't care if servers are up down w.e. My issue is with his reputation.. how people seem to forget wtf happened...

Just wanted to remind everyone of who this guy is before his server launched again for idk how many times....

Save new players who have never touched his servers before..

Nicely laid out for people to see now...
You must be in the same class as @Delirium.

Resetting a server is not a bad thing.

Some servers are MADE to reset. It is similar to how Path of Exile does their "Leagues" where it is really fun at the start of the server, when everyone is racing to be the top, but after a few weeks, or a few months in some cases, the server gets boring, and you start over.

If a server dies, why should he have to keep it online? That makes no sense.
Similar to Diablo 3's "Seasons"

@topic
Oldschool servers die within 1 week, that's just a fact, they've been built upon the idea of restarting frequently, players who play them expect to play a new one every 2 weeks because this is the nature of oldschool servers, they've been nurtured into expecting a new start on (Insert one of the 3-4 oldschool servers here) every couple weeks

No comment on DDosing servers?

Idc if someone makes money off of an OT.. By all means make millions!! you can link the license all you want.. that's not what im trying to show.

I think you might fail to see the overall picture here.. But NT.
Everyone knows about Ryan ddos'ing servers, I dont think thats new information to anyone. I think most dont care to be honest - unfortunately.

I've said what I wanted to say, if you need the point spelled out for you in crayon so you can comprehend, that is what your kindergarten teacher is for.

You must be in the same class as @Delirium.

No, I don't need anything spelled out to understand it. I am expecting however to see full arguments being dropped on the table. You do know what they say about argumentum ad hominem though right? It's a sign of stupidity. Either speak with complete, fully presented arguments, or get the hell out of this conversation are you're spreading it with false information and nonesense.

And for the record, GNU license does nor prohibit you from profiting from services provided with the compiled executable of an open-source project. You're not allowed to profit from the actual source itself.

Now please, do us a favor, and go get your facts straight while you're at it.

@xKrazyx Just because I'm dissing off your "competitor" in this discussion, it doesn't mean you're right. The server owner can do as he pleases and profit as he pleases. Whether he's greedy or not is not a problem for anyone in the community. It's a problem for those wasting money on his server. They can easilly fill a dispute for their money on GayPal but most likely they're gonna lose it UNLESS, they used a VPN to pay and they reverse the payment as unauthorized. You have to call GayPal to get a chance of winning unauthorized payments as a seller of virtual goods. If it's a tangible item, all you have to do is provide proof that you've shipped the item and therefore GayPal will side you because if they don't, you'll be at loss and they will be enabling scammers. This means one thing; that you can sue them.

Last edited:
Instead of spending any of it themself on advertising/promoting Tibia/OT to non-players(people who still never heard of Tibia, aka the 99,9% of world populatioN).
Honestly I think at the state Open Tibia servers are right now finding new people is pointless.
Over the long period of time I had my server open I have met only handful of people playing my game who has never played tibia or even not heard of that game before.
They all have had same response: "This game is almost unplayable with those controls, you need to work on that"
There are so many issues with the tibia client and default OTC useability, compared to modern client games.

I think Necronia has the best client in this OT community, but it still looks way off from easy to use. (I only seen the client on pictures)
Leo, or idk what was his OTLand name, has been working on flash client, which also looks quite good, but still not good enough for people who never seen tibia before.

OnTopic
Ryan is fine, when people return to his server after restart, it means server was fun and isn't that the purpose of OTLand server?

Back