• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How to Advertise my OT well

Yes do the countdown if you are confident your project is good enough to retain the players, otherwise it's wasted money.

I've seen dozens, and dozens, and dozens of projects (90+% of projects) that do countdowns have 5-10 players online by day 3, despite having 100 on launch from the countdown.

Yes do the countdown if you are confident your project is good enough to retain the players, otherwise it's wasted money.

I've seen dozens, and dozens, and dozens of projects (90+% of projects) that do countdowns have 5-10 players online by day 3, despite having 100 on launch from the countdown.
Thank you for your help :D

But the point is with these servers, they has around 100ppl per day, and while they are droping players they are earning by donators, for few days on 50-60ppl theres 500$ profit. So thats why egyptian people doing countdowns. I personal had budexot,claviera with about 100 players online and then falling down, did regular updates but that doesent help, im kind dissapointed because I dont know how to hold them and start growing. As I seen by tibia and otservlist the one servers which are growing are already online for several years. I tried to hold my server as much as I can but anyway theres no point doing anything if theres 0 ppl online .

But the point is with these servers, they has around 100ppl per day, and while they are droping players they are earning by donators, for few days on 50-60ppl theres 500$ profit. So thats why egyptian people doing countdowns. I personal had budexot,claviera with about 100 players online and then falling down, did regular updates but that doesent help, im kind dissapointed because I dont know how to hold them and start growing. As I seen by tibia and otservlist the one servers which are growing are already online for several years. I tried to hold my server as much as I can but anyway theres no point doing anything if theres 0 ppl online .
no its not zero but i wish for you good luck and just don't give up everything gonna be okay

People told me the same thing when I started. "only servers with alot of players have been around for years". Well here I am 3 years later.

I've made a TFS 0.4 (Fir3Element) Tibia 8.6 server, I've put anti-bot system, offline training system, a global-old-feeling-yurots-oldschool-custom map, a nice website, it has guild wars system, cast system, non-pay-to-win shop system, outfits from itens, premium scroll in item, change gender in item...

I've announced it in many forums and many otserv lists, in one facebook group too. In otservlist.eu i've paid R$20 for a week advertising (golden background in list), in otservlist.org i've paid R$50 (featured box).

Nobody entered my server.

I've made a TFS 0.4 (Fir3Element) Tibia 8.6 server, I've put anti-bot system, offline training system, a global-old-feeling-yurots-oldschool-custom map, a nice website, it has guild wars system, cast system, non-pay-to-win shop system, outfits from itens, premium scroll in item, change gender in item...

I've announced it in many forums and many otserv lists, in one facebook group too. In otservlist.eu i've paid R$20 for a week advertising (golden background in list), in otservlist.org i've paid R$50 (featured box).

Thats what I am talking about.. sad

Sad story good luck in the next try :S

If you want 100 players buy the otsservlist countdown but these 100 players will be gone in max 1 week

then what is your advice to me ?

I just tried all, otservlist you got 100 players but they leave in 1 week, you should go with facebook, just create good video of your ot, and start post in all facebook tibia groups. And Create your own group on facebook and add your friends and your players.

I just tried all, otservlist you got 100 players but they leave in 1 week, you should go with facebook, just create good video of your ot, and start post in all facebook tibia groups. And Create your own group on facebook and add your friends and your players.
Yeah thats good way to, make your own little community and start growing, these people are loyal players

Because you had literally nothing unique or special. Why would anyone play your download & run server (with some released things copy and pasted over) over any other download & run server?

I've noticed most the people complaining really have/had nothing unique. Virtually no ideas nowadays are original when it comes to games, but you can as a WHOLE create something original. You guys arn't doing that though...

I recommend you focus more on making a passion project, that isn't the same as everyone elses shit, and then focusing on how to get more players.

Because you had literally nothing unique or special. Why would anyone play your download & run server (with some released things copy and pasted over) over any other download & run server?

I've noticed most the people complaining really have/had nothing unique. Virtually no ideas nowadays are original when it comes to games, but you can as a WHOLE create something original. You guys arn't doing that though...

I recommend you focus more on making a passion project, that isn't the same as everyone elses shit, and then focusing on how to get more players.
okay i want you let you know that my ot from 1 year was a clean TFS 1.2 and i have created every little thing in it its impossible to find it with somebody else its 100% customized

With that being said, a countdown in Otservlist will get you a good amount of players.. But??

1. Your server should stand among those with already great features and mostly updated daily..

1.a For example, if you are trying to make a custom server, make sure you have something archlight doesn't (or improve it) since archlight is just the one with most amount of players in a custom server.
If you are creating some sort of oldschool (either rl or not), you should also provide quality maps and features (quests, sequential items updating)..
Copying from other servers won't help your if you can't prove it's better.

2. Avoid crashes, these are really the main destruction of a server, since players might lose hype just because a server has crashed once..
You can prove that with beta testers (you can get beta tests here in otland.. Just show some screenshots of your server..)
I remember when i hosted last death, some people were just hyped because i showed them off some quite nice features no server ever had.

3. The way players start. Don't make it very competitive. Don't make it noobie or boring tho..

4. Let quests be differnt in strategy, run-get is not good for every quest.
You should try some mazes including logical thinking.
Not every quest should have a boss.
Make some quests require amount of players with respect to your base online players.

5. Your website layout is quite important.
Screenshots/gallery is a very important interface as players get to know what the server really has to show off.

6. Make some challenging quests, tasks.. Collecting/killing tasks are good, but some tasks should also include upgrading items, travelling to long places to get a unique item.. Talk with some npcs.. Do your magic (of cource there are a lot of ideas, but i didn't mention them as they are exclusive to my upcoming server)

7. Most importantly, CONTINUES updates and teasers.
While you have already served an update, tell the players about the upcoming features or what they should expect in the few next days/weeks.
Your players will get bored despite any features you have.. They seek new challenges. You should have some creativity.

8. Don't work alone. Get a team of at least 3 (mapper, scripter, spriter).. If your server is big, then you should double that amount.

----------------
Also of these tips mostly require some investment. Those good servers such as shadowcores, medivia, hexara, archlight. Those guys spent a lot of money (and they gained it back), but the moral is that they invested a lot to serve such good quality servers..

Sincerely and best of luck,
Slavi

With that being said, a countdown in Otservlist will get you a good amount of players.. But??

1. Your server should stand among those with already great features and mostly updated daily..

1.a For example, if you are trying to make a custom server, make sure you have something archlight doesn't (or improve it) since archlight is just the one with most amount of players in a custom server.
If you are creating some sort of oldschool (either rl or not), you should also provide quality maps and features (quests, sequential items updating)..
Copying from other servers won't help your if you can't prove it's better.

2. Avoid crashes, these are really the main destruction of a server, since players might lose hype just because a server has crashed once..
You can prove that with beta testers (you can get beta tests here in otland.. Just show some screenshots of your server..)
I remember when i hosted last death, some people were just hyped because i showed them off some quite nice features no server ever had.

3. The way players start. Don't make it very competitive. Don't make it noobie or boring tho..

4. Let quests be differnt in strategy, run-get is not good for every quest.
You should try some mazes including logical thinking.
Not every quest should have a boss.
Make some quests require amount of players with respect to your base online players.

5. Your website layout is quite important.
Screenshots/gallery is a very important interface as players get to know what the server really has to show off.

6. Make some challenging quests, tasks.. Collecting/killing tasks are good, but some tasks should also include upgrading items, travelling to long places to get a unique item.. Talk with some npcs.. Do your magic (of cource there are a lot of ideas, but i didn't mention them as they are exclusive to my upcoming server)

7. Most importantly, CONTINUES updates and teasers.
While you have already served an update, tell the players about the upcoming features or what they should expect in the few next days/weeks.
Your players will get bored despite any features you have.. They seek new challenges. You should have some creativity.

8. Don't work alone. Get a team of at least 3 (mapper, scripter, spriter).. If your server is big, then you should double that amount.

----------------
Also of these tips mostly require some investment. Those good servers such as shadowcores, medivia, hexara, archlight. Those guys spent a lot of money (and they gained it back), but the moral is that they invested a lot to serve such good quality servers..

Sincerely and best of luck,
Slavi
Thank you alot :D

Back