• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How to block the default client?

mct

Reaction score
Hi ho!

I need block the oficial tibia client, and only allowed the OTClient.

Any idea? Custom protocol?

Make the server send a message protocol which is unequal to the default protocol. => Normal client will crash
Also, you can make the client send a specific value on login so the server knows it is the custom client.
I think otclient also uses otc specific operating system values. 3 to 6 or so.

make a new item with diffrent ID that doesnt exist in tibia.
and place it where new players starts then the client crash close too the same thing as Summ :p

If player go from resp (original client) and relog on normal, what then?

Then he uses the.item on differnt places after lot of crashes they will uee the otclient

Shouldn't it just be possible to use a custom protocol?
Besides by blocking the default client you will lose a lot of players, people are used to the default client.

You can chance XTEA for other encoding method. You can send reversed position instead of normal.
A lot of way to do it.

Regards,
sn3ejk

guys????

Just use OS variable.

at player.h:
bool isUsingOtclient() const { return operatingSystem >= OsOtclientLinux; }

at enums.h:
enum OperatingSystem_t
{
CLIENTOS_LINUX = 0x01,
CLIENTOS_WINDOWS = 0x02,
OsFlash = 3,
OsOtclientLinux = 10,
OsOtclientWindows = 11,
OsOtclientMac = 12
};

At parseFirstPacket you can disconnect player if it's not using otclient with an error message.

guys????

Just use OS variable.
But is it possible to change version of Tibia Client with hex-editor. I guess he want to know secret method for secure his server and client.

_
Regards,
sn3ejk

Back