• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How to convieniently update your custom client

jenaric.1

Reaction score
My server utilizes a custom client because I have added numerous original items and monster sprites. The server is running great so far, only problem is, I want to add more customs, meaning I will be needing to update all of my players .dat and .spr files else they will all debug.
I would like to modify the dat and spr bi-weekly or so as I come up with items, so how would one go about doing this in as clean a transition as possible?
I have actually done this once so far, and I just replaced the link on my website with my new client, and directed people toward it via the motd and a note on the website. This however was not enough for people, I had many that had trouble even downloading and replacing their old client (some gamers just want that plug and play instant gratification and are not very technical).
Will someone point me in the right direction of having an "automatic" update of the client?

Thank you. :)

Back