• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How to find a lua function easily (TFS 1.3)

cristianso

Reaction score
Hey, there!

I made this spreadsheet that can find with ease any code you want.

How it works?
Choose the filters betwen category and sub-category to find your desired code.

Example:
Let's say I want to find a code for Players that get his Money value.

1- Open your Excel file;
1.png

2- Choose Category and type Player in the text box;
2.png

3- To make it more accurate, you can also apply a filter for Sub-Category. Type Money in the text box;
3.png

4- Now there is a resumed list of scripts and you can easily find the one you want.
4.png

Alternatively, you can type a part of the code you remember in Script description filter.

This is not a huge contribution, but I am sure it can make you life a little bit easier!

DOWNLOAD:
Download Script Finder

a cat with a look of horror and disgust
Really? You are wanting to use excel for a feature built in to most code editors and IDEs?
You know they have a Wiki right? You can also look at luascript.cpp.

This is not a huge contribution, but I am sure it can make you life a little bit easier!

I appreciate a faster way to refer to the list of functions, and the sorting is very considerate, must have been time consuming. Thank you!

You know they have a Wiki right?

That wiki is horribly outdated. You know that right?

Luascript and use of ide are still much more work to just look at one list of functions for a specific object to another (ie. looking at all of players functions , quickly seeing whats available on a certain item, and then checking the list of Mtype).

Some might not be able to understand what they are viewing in the luascript.cpp, such as the parameters or what they return.

Yes, it is not difficult to do, its about preference.

Personally Im a fan of the old LIST style, broken down by type, and includes the parameters for reference....

anyone have it to repost? im starting to learn about ots again after 10 years, and this sheet would help a lot to understand faster the servers structure

Back