• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux How to make error/crash log on linux (ubuntu 16.04/LEMP)

thomson9292

Solutions
Reaction score
I'm using tfs 1.3

I left server online for several hours and when I come back server is offline and I don't know why. How can I create file which will gather information about ots errors.

Can you help me with this problem? And how can I restart ots when It's working in background?

a6U8752.png

I tried nohup /path/to/tfs & ,and it works.

What can I do with nohup.out? I dont know how can I open this? Does this file contain any important informations?

Try to use gdb and see if it gives any info about the crash.

Why use TFS 1.3 It is not complete and has not been officially released. Releases · otland/forgottenserver · GitHub Use stable version 1.2 will appear if a problem report issue
The bleeding edge is normally pretty stable, no reason to use "outdated" files IMO unless you are running a server with 1000+ players and in that case you would have major changes to the source code.

because TFS is 1.3 in the manufacture of above 10.98 If you want to use the game engine, use the version released Version 1.3 are not suitable at the moment has too many errors and too much has been changed a little bit. looking for help with version 1.3 of which was not released. Use version 1.2 which is complete If errors occur Report issue

I recommend you use debian 8 ubuntu 16 I do not recommend a lot of problems related to the system configuration

Last edited:
@WibbenZ

But I can't fix some bugs on 1.3 tfs. Hope 1.2 is free of those bugs.

Two bugs on tfs 1.3
Lua - server crash

Most of those bugs are related to that ORTS isn't updated to 1.3.
When @Summ has time to look at my PR most if not all should be fixed.

What you can do is add these changes to your datapack and report any other bugs to me or creating an issue here;Build software better, together
The PR; TFS update by WibbenZ · Pull Request #302 · orts/server · GitHub

Back