• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Configuration How to make your own vocations {No sources}

olavo

Reaction score
Well i personally love 7.92 do to the fact you can add new vocations without any need of source editing.

So lets start ill use "Ninja" as my example for adding vocations. I'm going to use Evolutions 0.7.8 XML.

Code:

<vocation id="8" name="Elite Knight" description="an elite knight" gaincap="25" gainhp="15" gainmana="5" gainhpticks="2" gainhpamount="10" gainmanaticks="4" gainmanaamount="10" gainsoulticks="15" gainsoulamount="1" manamultiplier="3.0" attackspeed="1500" prevoc="4" basespeed="220">
<diepercent experience="7" magic="7" skill="7" equipment="7" container="100"/>
<formula damage="1.2" defense="1.1" armor="1.1"/>
<skill id="0" multiplier="1.1"/>
<skill id="1" multiplier="1.1"/>
<skill id="2" multiplier="1.1"/>
<skill id="3" multiplier="1.1"/>
<skill id="4" multiplier="1.4"/>
<skill id="5" multiplier="1.1"/>
<skill id="6" multiplier="1.1"/>
</vocation>

Step Two
OK I'm going to use this step to explain some things to you.

*~*Vocation id is the id of the players vocation. Like for example this vocation id is 8.

*~*Next naming. This is extremely easy cause all you do is put in the name you want..dur.

*~*Next is gaincap ok now this is how much capacity a players gains when he/she levels.

*~*Next is gainhp this is how much hp the player gains when they go to a next level.

*~*Gainmana is the same as gainhp and gaincap so i wont explain that alot.

*~*from gainhptick, to gainsoulamount i admit i dont know what that is for so i usally leave it alone.

Step Three

*~*attackspeed this is how fast a person attack. Note the smaller the number the faster. So dont make it 9000 if you want it to be fast attack.

Step Four

*~*prevoc this is the previous vocation. For example im using an elite knight and the prevoc is 4 since the previous vocation for an elite knight is 4. If you dont want to have a previous vocation than set the prevoc the same as the vocation id.

*~*basespeed this is how fast they walk without have some sort of haste spells on. The higher the number the faster.

Step Five
diepercent this is what a person will lose when dieing and the percent of losing it. The higher the number the more will be lost.

*~*formula damage this is how much damage a person takes. The higher the number the less damage.

Step Six
Skills--this is perhaps the most important. Cause it can result in a one shot hit from level 12 to 100 or a normal balaced vocation.

When setting this you need to be carful make it too high and thier skills will go up every hit maybe. Make it too low and thier skills might go up every 100 hit.

The smaller the number the faster skills will go up.

Well thats it this is my ninja in-case you would like to use it.

Code:

<vocation id="12" name="Ninja" description="a ninja" gaincap="10" gainhp="30" gainmana="5" gainhpticks="2" gainhpamount="10" gainmanaticks="4" gainmanaamount="10" gainsoulticks="15" gainsoulamount="1" manamultiplier="1.0" attackspeed="600" prevoc="12" basespeed="6000">
<diepercent experience="0" magic="0" skill="9" equipment="0" container="0"/>
<formula damage="0.1" defense="0.1" armor="0.1"/>
<skill id="0" multiplier="1.3"/>
<skill id="1" multiplier="1.3"/>
<skill id="2" multiplier="1.3"/>
<skill id="3" multiplier="1.3"/>
<skill id="4" multiplier="1.2"/>
<skill id="5" multiplier="1.3"/>
<skill id="6" multiplier="1.3"/>

This sucks, does not everyone knows how to read english?.. If you dont, learn. Because you need english in your life..

*The topic sucks because everyone know how to make vocations?

This sucks, does not everyone knows how to read english?.. If you dont, learn. Because you need english in your life..

dude, if you didn't like it why even bothering yourself on posting that??

and YES some people might not understand it, or even not know that new vocs could be done without sources

Omg dit u never heart of "Newbies" some people dont know how to open sutch files so it's a waste of time to post sutch things be a shame of your self!

on-topic
Hehe nice.. but dont u need to change somting in config.lua or is that history <.< played to mutch 7.6

????

i tried doing that but when i put in the new vocation and saved and tried making another char to see if it workd i could only choose sorcer or the new vocation ....not druid or paladin????
i think i did something wrong ...
does anyone have the normla folder so i can replace mine with the normal one plz...

Ahh, this tutorial is on 90% forums, but ok. Its usefull. Thank you that you gived it here for all new users. ;)

Nice, a useful tutorial for the ones who didn't know about making new vocations. I want to suggest something too: don't make more than 4 vocations types if you want to do it easy with the account manager or sql, for example, edit the original vocs or just make a "second promotion" of them with the ids 9, 10, 11, and 12... well that's what I would do.

btw, gainhp and mana TICKS are the speeds of the gain and gainhp and mana AMOUNT are the number of hp and manapoints you gain in each turn.

Thank you! I was actually confused with vocations, but this tutorial sort of cleared it up. :)

You should try making many tiers of promotion :p if you really like "only the 4 vocs".

Back