• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How to map from seperate computers?

KyoyaNET

Reaction score
Like if my friends want to make a part of the map, how would i then implement it to mine?
with spawns etc.

please help

There are 2 ways of doing this.

1. Have your friend map the part on his own computer, then you open both your map and his part in tabs in the map editor. Now comes the part many have problems with (I don't know why). Holding down "Shift" will give you the possibility to mark larger areas while "Ctrl (Control)" will make it possible to mark more. If you zoom out you can with those two keys and your mouse click mark the whole map and have it selected. When you've selected everything you want you just copy it and go to your main map and paste it in on the desired location (With RME this is easy as you see a "ghost" of the map while in the old SME you had to take a chance).

2. Find Remere's Map Editor BETA 3.0 (This is the Live Map Editor which allows you to host online sessions). With this you can both map at the same map, at the same time. The only requirements are knowledge in opening ports and setting up a connection.

And as previous poster stated, This is the wrong section.

Use tortoise svn. Fare uses this with me and ascalon. It is quite useful. I map - save - then rightclick the folder and commit. It adds it to the svn. Fare "updates" and it is updated. Then if Fare adds something i "update" and voila.

It's free and easy to get used to. I had a few issues to begin with but got used to it quickly

Use tortoise svn. Fare uses this with me and ascalon. It is quite useful. I map - save - then rightclick the folder and commit. It adds it to the svn. Fare "updates" and it is updated. Then if Fare adds something i "update" and voila.

It's free and easy to get used to. I had a few issues to begin with but got used to it quickly

Sounds like a too advanced version of Dropbox, which autosyncs and opens like a regular folder..

Hmm, you can do this otherwise. If he mapping something then when he's done he can Send it to you. Idk if that was the answer you want. There is 2 files called Maybe, Spawn-xml and House-xml tell him to send that 2 files to.

Back