• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How to port forward to get players online and play on your server?

Sir Shutter

Learning LUA
Reaction score
THREAD RULES:-
*NO FLAMMING

I've heared alot of people need to know how to port forward, and get players to join and play, well most of them are begginer's to make their own OT Server, so I decided to make a clean and Improved thread about how to make that and make sure you can get players to play :-

I will be telling you how to let players logon, create account and play without having problems like they cant logon waiting on character list and cant join the game, or also says wrong temple position..

Okay let's start.

First of all, after setting up your ot and testing it's going great on localhost, and you want to make it online and get people to join and play.

First of all try visiting this website to know how to port forward :-

PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall

I'll explain here what you need to do because I have discovered that portforward.com website doesn't say that we have to port forward port 7172.

Okay..

Go to http://192.168.1.1 , and logon to your router the password is always set to "Admin", after logging on see the steps on portforward what it says, do what it says it will ask you to :-

*Port forward 7171for both TCP & UDP!
and the thing you must do is port forward 7172 also.
so you do the same as 7171 but just do it "7172" (another one) TCP & UDP also..

so now you have 2 port forwarding done

Here is how it looks for me :-

33najp2.jpg

To find the numbers you must put in "Lan IP addres"

Open up Start -> Run

Then type "CMD" hit enter.

After that write "ipconfig" and hit enter in the black window that openes, scroll up..

here is a picture :-

2n657c0.jpg

now you are done port forwarding.

next step is easy just open up config.lua

put your IP addres in the IP = "ip here"

this part, u can see it here What Is My IP Address? - IP Address Lookup, Internet Speed Test, IP Info, plus more

after that now your players can join and play

If you got problems with "wrong temple position"

go to config.lua fix the account manager position to the temple position of a city in ur map

u must make sure in map editor the city temple positions are the same as the ones in config.lua

and also are the same in the ones in phpmyadmin!

and if you still got the problem

then your using sqllite..

----------------------------------------------------------------------

If no one can still logon or get the character list or so, then DISABLE the firewall on your computer from control panel, and also disable the firewall on the router, then its 100% will work fine, tested and it will work fine.

Last edited:
My first port, 7171, worked great on both TCP and UDP. But, 7172 didn't open. Does anyone know why it doesn't open like 7171 did?

Thanks in advance,
//Kokokoko

Edit: It worked! Yay!

someone should make a guide on how to portforward with no-ip and dynamic ip

not works =)

in mine its

hahha :p

//edit ..

ops i didnt know i answerd already :S

Last edited:
I am following this guide!

Edit: When i enter to localhost appear in the screen:
Works...

Last edited:
all depends on your route i had already 4 routers in my life , and 2 were 192.168.1.1 and other 2 were 192.168.2.1

Back