• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[How-to] Quests

Heya,

ty for that tutorial Evan.

I just got a little problem, maybe you can help me..

I made all like you said, but when i click on my chest with ActionID 2000 and UniqueID 31016 [or any other, i tried much...], there is just a smoke puff on myself.

20:29 You see a chest (Vol:15).
It weighs 185.00 oz.
ItemID: [1740], ActionID: [2000], UniqueID: [31016].

When i try it with a "pick-only-one-item Quest" its the same problem..

20:31 You see a chest (Vol:15).
It weighs 123.00 oz.
ItemID: [1740], ActionID: [2002].

I'm using CryingDamson 0.3.6 [NaxedOT8] and RME 2.1.

Any idea wheres the Problem?

local specialQuests = {
[2001] = 30015, --Annihilator
[2002] = 32016 --Toolquest
}

<!-- Quests -->
<action actionid="2000" script="quests/system.lua"/>
<action actionid="2001" script="quests/system.lua"/>
<action actionid="2002" event="script" value="quests/system.lua"/>

greetings

Sorry for double but i really need this bumped.

I got an issue. The quests doesnt work for me i do exactly as you do on this guide and it worked on my previous server but now it wont work. Now the items are just in the chest and only 1 dude can pick them up.

Im using distro: tfs 8.60 V5 - Edited by otswe.

Someone know why it wont work?

Sorry for double but i really need this bumped.

I got an issue. The quests doesnt work for me i do exactly as you do on this guide and it worked on my previous server but now it wont work. Now the items are just in the chest and only 1 dude can pick them up.

Im using distro: tfs 8.60 V5 - Edited by otswe.

Someone know why it wont work?

There may be compatibility issues between TFS servers. Do you have any error messages in your startup console?

HAHAHHA I should just get one Chest and put a backpack like unique and after puted the items there yeye!

I open the chest and there are my items, like if you open a normal chest. You see the items inside... in the four chests. I gave 2002 action id and 0 unique id to the four chest... it doesnt work

Hello Guys, i tryed to make some quests.J have problem with capacity when i open chest -->03:03 You have found a reward weighing 18 oz. It is too heavy or you have not enough space.

Well, do you have enough capacity or space?

Problem?

You have found a chest.

I'm using ActionID 2000 and an unique ID that has not been used.
It must give a crystal coin

Problem?

You have found a chest.

I'm using ActionID 2000 and an unique ID that has not been used.
It must give a crystal coin
If you're using TFS 0.2 for tibia 9,6 you should use action id 2000 and die unique id should be the item ID

How do i do so when u take the quest you get bag with items inside, and how do i add mana pots etc? 9.60 TFS 0.2.

So, how about official update for 0.2 since it uses diffrent quest system? <_< AID 2000 and placing items into squares works fine, but pick-only-one seems outdated.

actions.xml
XML:
	<action actionid="2000" script="quests/system.lua"/>
	<action actionid="2002" event="script" value="quests/system.lua"/>
(Removed lines in actions.xml using original quests.lua)

data\actions\scripts\quests\system.lua
Lua:
local specialQuests = {
    [2002] = 30018	--New quest
}

local questsExperience = {
	[30015] = 10000
}
(Nothing else edited)

Map: 3 chests with p armor, g armor and mpa. Every with action ID 2002 and unique ID 0. RME 2.2.
Normal chests with AID 2000 work fine, pick-only-one chests are just ordinary chests that everyone can open.

Edit: Tried with both 1740 and 1747 chests, they look the same. None works.
Edit2: I can even step on them, they are not treated as quest chests.

Last edited:
With TFS 0.2 (Mystic Spirit), use script instead of event and value, like you did with actionid 2000.

Last edited:
Wow thanks! It works. Well, sort of. Chests with ActionID above 2000 can be moved like every chest.
Why do people want to use 0.3/0.4 system so bad anyway? Is 0.2 that crappy?

Back