• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Huyekss Mapping thread

Huyek

Reaction score
Hellu, cuze of My boredom and due to the fact that theres no server I actually wanna play I downloaded the RME Editor to develop my creativity as well as some mapping techniques

Heres the result of day #1:
A small abandoned village, mostly cuze of the close-by volcano eruption
Slowly I will develop more and more screens of my daily works, as well as the lil bit of story line that shall finally end up doing some kind of history for the whole map project.

xqja0g.png

prcjn.jpg

Hoping for critcism and some future hints/help

Yours, Adam

- - - Updated - - -

Also, at this point the map is lacking monster spawns, but those will be added in near-future.

Last edited:
There's plenty to dislike in this map. How-ever you're new to mapping so, good to see. I think you should take a look into other mappers here on otland and see how they do. Also examine the tutorial forum. Some small tips.. start by doing a very small area. Like a smaller house or just a depot if you want large right away. But focus on the shaping and detailing. Also, use raw in this.. don't use any auto-bordering. It will help you improve faster.

Try some more!

Here the day #2, I give up the last idea, went into RAW mapping and made this

5x770w.png

theres the crying and also older [cuze of the beard] ferumbras figurine. also the skeletons are not of humans, their are some experiments that went wrong [ bat wings mutant, fox tail mutant, and also a dead guy that got his backbone lengthen. theres also an flame ant nest that took over the big stone and due to the heat it produce the geyser, also the monuments 'guardiang' the bodies are carrying weapons in case someone want to take some DNA sample of the bodies. The ferumbras is somewhat a symbol of god not wanting to interfeer into human genotype structure. lol

It can be also seen in CREATIVITY sticky Thread at OTLAND
Notice that its my second day, so im not uber cool, nor ill never be lol

Looking for more criticism and hints in my future work as well

Last edited:
Develop ur theme idea, so I can focus on it, please.

,Adam

Make smaller spots, work on your shapes and stop making utterly random stuff.
For now you're just making random stuff that doesn't really look like anything, I suggest just doing some simple stuff, like dragons or rotworms.

Working on a city, with library, smithery, but also with a farm and a big courtyard
I'm having problems with making a nice temple :<
imrvir.png

29zrr9.png

try to make some ingame pictures those always look better, remove the red thingies ( can't remember there name lawl) in the water it looks bad imo.

keep working , good to see you mapping again ^^

need to catch up to ur lvl since i saw ur made a hell lot of progress in ur work, dont wanna stand behind haha

There is a border bug in the first picture, a left corner of the jungle dirt.
the jungle dirt doesnt really fit here imo , also try to make some exciting figures, not always straight lines and squares.
also those cristals on the top of the waterfalls don't fit imo

but i see the progress u are making so keep it up :)

ow shyt a missing border, true, didnt see that, gonna fix it asap, ill try to experiment with other grounds other then that jungle dirt, also i think adding more would make the spot too messy, so im not sure about that, gonna check it out some new options, thanks for the feedback hehemidu!

DustSwallow Marsh !

11kb5np.png

Im waiting for some comments hints criticism, cmon guys!

Last edited:
Ok let it be, if you call my name.

You generally spammed with new stuff, try to map something simple good first and than go complicated things. For now it doesn't look good, but if you'll keep practicing... ;)

damn thought that composition from map above makes some sense, seems i was wrong, thanks for reply, no1! :)

Back