• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

I cannot login to my own server.

cristianso

Reaction score
Hello everyone, you guys are my last hope. I followed every single tutorial I found about creating an otserver and the results are: doesn't matter what I do, I cannot login to my own server. I tried TFS 1.2 that I compiled myself, I tried a compiled version from TFS 1.2, now I am trying one I saw in youtube "Oganza". None of them works...
Everything looks fine when I execute that .exe, says "server is online", but I can't login.

Tried client 10.98 and client 11.x...

Weird fact: I have an 8.6 otserver here, and it works like a charm. I can login and play it normally.

Try using several different IPs to connect. 127.0.0.1, localhost, and your computers ip (usually something like 192.168.x.x).

If you manage to connect to the character list but cannot connect to the game world with a character on your account...
Some modems/routers have an issue which as far as I understand is related to NAT Loopback. I've had this issue from time to time and put in a little hack to solve the issue for myself, maybe it can help you as well...

Search for the function ProtocolLogin::getCharacterList located in protocollogin.cpp and replace...

This:
output->addString(g_config.getString(ConfigManager::IP));

With this:
C++:
auto connection = getConnection();
if (connection) {
    if (connection->getIP() == 16777343) {
        output->addString("127.0.0.1");
    } else {
    }
} else {
}

Use your global IP on config.lua and connect using your global IP aswell.

Edit your hosts (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts)

Adding you local IP Global IP

Example.

192.168.1.2 255.255.255.255

Not sure if you need ports open for this but just forward 7171/7172 to your local IP

Try using several different IPs to connect. 127.0.0.1, localhost, and your computers ip (usually something like 192.168.x.x).

If you manage to connect to the character list but cannot connect to the game world with a character on your account...
Some modems/routers have an issue which as far as I understand is related to NAT Loopback. I've had this issue from time to time and put in a little hack to solve the issue for myself, maybe it can help you as well...

Search for the function ProtocolLogin::getCharacterList located in protocollogin.cpp and replace...

This:

With this:
C++:
auto connection = getConnection();
if (connection) {
    if (connection->getIP() == 16777343) {
        output->addString("127.0.0.1");
    } else {
    }
} else {
}

I couldn't do what you asked me for. My protocolLogin doens't have this "output->addString(g_config.getString(ConfigManager::IP));" line... :(

Use your global IP on config.lua and connect using your global IP aswell.

Edit your hosts (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts)

Adding you local IP Global IP

Example.

192.168.1.2 255.255.255.255

Not sure if you need ports open for this but just forward 7171/7172 to your local IP

I just did it and had no sucess... My life sux lol

I couldn't do what you asked me for. My protocolLogin doens't have this "output->addString(g_config.getString(ConfigManager::IP));" line... :(

I just did it and had no sucess... My life sux lol

Have you restarted the client after the changes?

Back