• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lua I need someone to know what this is.

di12345di

Reaction score
My server connects normally without errors is logged online between 150-200 players, there is time that out of nowhere he starts to save alone without stopping there starts to lock and kikar to all, then when I give close server the problem to, someone has Idea what could it be?

If anyone understands this I'm impressed.

You need to explain better man.

Do you mean the server freezes when it tries to save?

he's saying that it appears someone is abusing a save bug, to make his server save and save and save over and over without delay meaning the entire server freeze in the progress.

yes yes yes yes yes yes tranks tranks man.

Does anyone have any idea what it can be?

Maybe your server has a save command in talkactions like !save.
I've seen a few servers has that so players can use anytime they want.

And in that case, you might have that command without exhaustion, meaning a player could add !save to a hotkey, and then just put an item on the keyboard to pres the hotkey all the time = freeze.
But that's just an idea.. :)

<talkaction log="yes" words="/save" access="5" event="script" value="save.lua"/>

Not man for 2 years working with server that was the only problem I have no idea how to solve.

I checked your globalevents, they looks ok.

Do it in this order:

Try to set your save.lua in data/globalevents/globalevents.xml from 2 hours to something lower, like 2 minutes.
Change from:
Code:
<globalevent name="save" interval="7200000" event="script" value="save.lua"/>
To:
Code:
<globalevent name="save" interval="120000" event="script" value="save.lua"/>
This will help us notice where is the bug. If after 2 minutes you will get the same problem, that means issue is with doSaveServer() function in libs or in sources. Now you should show us your data/lib/ maybe there is a code what loops doSaveServer() for infinite amount of times or you have fked some things in sources or in any other LUA file.

Maybe you have in ANY lua file something what is looping doSaveServer() function.
- solution, check every LUA file in your ots and search for doSaveServer(), this will be time absorbing. Try to remind yourself what you changed before this problem appeared.
For example this code will spam server save again and again and again:
(don't use it, it's just an example)
Code:
-- don't use it, it's just an example
doFkYourServer()
    doSaveServer()
    addEvent(doSaveServer(), 1000)
    return true
end

Disable /save command and auto save globalevent on your personal computer and test, if you have the same issue maybe is another scripts using code /save.

Check actions -> maybe players know bug and abuse clicking.

Back