• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

I want a DNS to redirect to both my ip, and my ip:8080

Firulis

Solutions
Reaction score
as you guys know the majority of ISP's block port 80, i figured out how to make it so that i can use 8080, and i got a Dynamic DNS from noip that works, but i realized that even though players might be able to access my website using the dns that redirects people to IP:8080, they can't use that to join my server, and i figured that it might discourage people from joining my server, since i can't afford a dedicated host, my only option is to try to figure out how to make this work, I want to know if it's even possible to have a DNS that will allow people to go to my website which would be myIP:8080, and then join my server with the same IP which would be myIP without the :8080, anything helps thanks

No, that's technically not possible.

DNS has nothing to do with the port. It only maps domain to an IP address. Port is separate.

Solution
No, that's technically not possible.

DNS has nothing to do with the port. It only maps domain to an IP address. Port is separate.
aSVjtu7.png

Back