• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

I would like to get to know the staff better.

DrakenWarrior

Yep....
Reaction score
Please, if you are a staff member here then please post here and describe how you became staff or what you do here in general. I would like a regular discussion with a staff member so we can be cool n' stuff haha. I never really talked to the staff on here, they are usually offline or busy.

It's not that they are offline or always busy, it's more or less the fact that you haven't been here very long and have very few posts, staff end up as staff for being on this forum for an exceptional amount of time, have the capabilities of becoming a responsible admin and a fair one at that, can lead the forum for Talaturen when he is away or busy and keep order on the forum. It takes a long time, and apart from that it takes an open position and a good application to even become and admin. I talk to most of the admins on here quite regularly (well did) and honestly, they are just like normal people like you and me, but don't go expecting special favors from them. They also have to abide by the standard as well as more rules than the regular user to uphold their position.

I'm a part of the stuff, have you got any questions?

Well just note the following and you shall be cool.

Bogart got staff pos because he's fluffy and a panda. ALL PANDAS AUTOMATICALLY BECOME MODERATORS.
Scarlet is a time travelling witch so she travelled back in time and changed talaturen's decision list to have her name
Peroxide is the worlds biggest noob - a celebrity like that deserves some recognition. Therefore talaturen gave him mod status.
Kornholijo is the holy corn. nuff said.
ntmr is the maker of bad dreams and his threats alone scared talaturen into making him staff

The rest used hax

And then there is me. Your supreme warlord.

I applied during the last moderator intakes (July-August 2011), I'm not sure when the next intakes are. I only applied for the board I viewed mostly and slowly branched out by asking Talaturen for more permissions on other boards. If you want to know more about me Peroxide - Biography

Well, thanks for not trolling guys haha. Half the people on this whole forum troll because I guess their young. I don't really know. Good to know we have some cool people on this awesome forum. Also, where is Tt at (Talaturen)? Hadn't seen him online in a while.

Damn, he even has a Biography in his profile lol

What walkingdragon said is true, we are just regular people that ended up being picked by Tala when opens staff positions :p

I became a mod in the same "batch" as Pero, Bog and Leftwing(which has already left), I personally didn't even thought I'd be picked because honestly I wasn't that well known around the forum when I became a mod, but people seem to like me(The poll says I'm the most liked one <3)
I don't spend as much time in the forums as I would want as I have stuff that occupy my time, but I try to check the forums at least 2 times a day(when I wake up and when I go to bed), so I always answer PMs and VMs

Lets see, what else..
Oh, me and Peroxide are the managers for the Official OTLand Mapping Contest
I'm the mod that's responsible for approving most of the threads in the Downloads Section, so that always uses some of my time when I check OTLand

uhhh..

I'm a nice person to talk? xD
now I'm just rambling lol

- - - Updated - - -

Well just note the following and you shall be cool.

Bogart got staff pos because he's fluffy and a panda. ALL PANDAS AUTOMATICALLY BECOME MODERATORS.
Scarlet is a time travelling witch so she travelled back in time and changed talaturen's decision list to have her name
Peroxide is the worlds biggest noob - a celebrity like that deserves some recognition. Therefore talaturen gave him mod status.
Kornholijo is the holy corn. nuff said.
ntmr is the maker of bad dreams and his threats alone scared talaturen into making him staff

The rest used hax

And then there is me. Your supreme warlord.
ur already revealing our secrets :(

shush!!

Nah, that poll just says who has the most boo...... hair! hair.

Well hello there, I am Bogart and I got the mod pos cuz im 2 pro.

Nah, I actually started reporting threads and helping people in the support board, I had a reputation on the community, if you'd talk about the panda, they'd know it was me...
Just start reporting threads, don't break rules, don't get people to hate you, be friendly, and BE ACTIVE.

I think I count as a staff member of OTLand; my responsibility is to help people to the best of my knowledge.
I have never applied for moderator position, though I may apply when the next round comes.

I love making tutorials, sometimes I actually learn new things when making them, I want to help improve OpenTibia's knowledge-base.
Just don't tell me to make tutorials or help you with stuff relating to 8.6 servers or bots.

My biggest strengths in OpenTibia:
  • Lua scripting
  • Being helpful
  • I have thorough understanding of OT
  • I have lots of creativity (have you seen Colossus?)

My biggest weaknesses in OpenTibia:
  • I can easily get lazy (HUGE weakness)
  • Mapping and Spriting
  • I am very unorganized
  • I can lose my temper easily
  • I am somehow very unattractive, I don't make a ton of friends here

Any more questions about me? Ask away

I think I count as a staff member of OTLand; my responsibility is to help people to the best of my knowledge.
I have never applied for moderator position, though I may apply when the next round comes.

I love making tutorials, sometimes I actually learn new things when making them, I want to help improve OpenTibia's knowledge-base.
Just don't tell me to make tutorials or help you with stuff relating to 8.6 servers or bots.

• Lua scripting
  • Being helpful

• Mapping and Spriting
  • I am very unorganized

i beg to differ. You seem to be the #1 support i see xd why would people not like you

Ehh, I wouldn't say I'm numero uno. Limos and Summ have been great!

Nah, that poll just says who has the most boo...... hair! hair.

Well hello there, I am Bogart and I got the mod pos cuz im 2 pro.

Nah, I actually started reporting threads and helping people in the support board, I had a reputation on the community, if you'd talk about the panda, they'd know it was me...
Just start reporting threads, don't break rules, don't get people to hate you, be friendly, and BE ACTIVE.
I remember when you became mod people were like, omg bogart mod, gg, XD

• Lua scripting
  • Being helpful

• Mapping and Spriting
  • I am very unorganized

I think you iz coolz
images

i beg to differ. You seem to be the #1 support i see xd why would people not like you

The one i see most of is Limos, great member of the support team.

Back