• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Idea for New Server

Lucerna

Reaction score
First of all i wanna say hello to everyone and wish you all a great day. I am here to know what you guys think about opening a server that puts together the best of Old tibia version content.

I started playing back in 7,2 when and stopped when CIP created target dummies and offline trainers. I felt tibia was ruined after that and altho i had no idea that things would get worse im glad i stopped. I played many great servers, most of them 7,4 and 8,6 versions ( war with some teams mostly ) and had fun.

I even hosted my own servers somewhere between 2010 and 2015 and had decent success taking in consideration the fact that i never rly spent any money on them and never had the technical knowledge to make them what i really wanted.

When we are young we usually have lots of time and no money, and as we grow up things flip. Well, im no different and now i can say i have some money and no time, which makes me think about relying on people services and knowledge to help me with a project that i have been dreaming on ( and barely changed on my imagination ) for the last 10 years.

What do i mean exactly?

- Wands and Rods are crucial to me because they represent logical RPG and gameplay for mages.

- All Items should be obtainable, with some of them being almost impossible, but not really impossible. Some items, like amulet of Life, should be part of quests rather than items with their old functions, because old players remember they had to be removed in order to avoid unbalanced gameplay. What i mean is that in order to obtain, for instance, a magic long sword, players would need amulet of life, that could only be obtainable by doing something, but who dont have its old power of avoiding 100 % skill and items protection.Now keep in mind this would be 5 % of the quest, and to reach a point where you could actually get an "amulet of life " you would need months of patience and dedication.

- The map should be exactly like Original Tibia, but expanded, players should only be able to access new areas by exploring the old forgotten ones

- I think addons are OK as long as the way to obtain them is Heavily RPG and thro quests and missions that takes couple months to solve, not easy tasks.

- New hunting areas are welcome, but ONLY if they represent an expansion of the old areas that quickly get useless after players reach Higher levels.

- No hotkeys, Bots or more than 3 Ip´s for connection should be allowed to avoid cheaters

- I always loved the RPG aspect of the game, so i would like to introduce around 100 new pick holes, stairs and traps who will lead players to hidden areas that are good for PVP situations, training melee, Making runes and exploring. As long as those areas are an expansion of the existing ones and very hard to find, they are welcome.

- Nothing above 7,72 should be implemented, with the exception of addons ( and only those available before 7,8 )

- The website should be similar to what we can see now on Retrocores and Dura Online.

- Server should have cast system, no Items on Shop, Staff should be composed of people who can help me achieve what i listed above.

- 2 worlds should be available, one for hardcore players 1x and another one to ppl who wanna progress a little bit faster 2x.

- Skills and Magic Level should be like Tibia (1x ), especially because with new areas i believe players would be able to hide better and avoid getting killed simply because there are no places to hide after so many years of same map being explored.

Like i said, my knowledge is heavily outdated and was never that big to begin with, so all help, advices and opinions are very, very, appreciated. I probably did not list everything i want to do but i hope i had gave you guys a good impression of what i have in mind.

Open mind !

A very ambitious idea, but requiring a lot of work. First of all, there are already such projects as you mentioned. Retrocores, which has a large population and already built brand, and Tibiantis, which most of all servers imitate the old Tibia. I wish you success, but there is a hard road ahead of you.

A very ambitious idea, but requiring a lot of work. First of all, there are already such projects as you mentioned. Retrocores, which has a large population and already built brand, and Tibiantis, which most of all servers imitate the old Tibia. I wish you success, but there is a hard road ahead of you.
Thanks for the reply. I agree with you that we can already find similar projects out here. Thew thing with retrocores is the corruption and the fact that it was basically a copy of global tibia to begin with, not a new server with the best features and highlights of old tibia versions of all. Tibiantis is great, i played it myself, the engine is fantatsic and it i wish them all the best because they deserve it looking at the ammount of work they put in the project. But again, they are like global tibia 7.4, they dont ahve addons, rods or expanded areas. Even tho they are now 80 % of what i dreamed about all this years the remaining 20 % are still crucial to me.

You are talking about the aspects of Tibiantis, after all they don't have ankrhmun, only new content + I think there was some big original update. You keep referring to the rods, rods came in version 7.6 and they completely ruined the economy. From the version of the wands, uhs you did from level 24, I think sd from 45, hmms stopped counting too much because it was replaced by wands, spears started to run out, so paladins also had a lot worse. I don't think version 7.6 or 7.71 was better than the old Tibia. Right, they improved the graphics, but personally, in my opinion the game became uglier and a lot of aspects started to fade away from this version. I agree that wands is an important aspect of the game, but that's what it was about, magic characters were harder to start but more effective at the end. To have a stable server with the economy think a hundred times if the game will gain or lose something.

You are talking about the aspects of Tibiantis, after all they don't have ankrhmun, only new content + I think there was some big original update. You keep referring to the rods, rods came in version 7.6 and they completely ruined the economy. From the version of the wands, uhs you did from level 24, I think sd from 45, hmms stopped counting too much because it was replaced by wands, spears started to run out, so paladins also had a lot worse. I don't think version 7.6 or 7.71 was better than the old Tibia. Right, they improved the graphics, but personally, in my opinion the game became uglier and a lot of aspects started to fade away from this version. I agree that wands is an important aspect of the game, but that's what it was about, magic characters were harder to start but more effective at the end. To have a stable server with the economy think a hundred times if the game will gain or lose something.
Thanks for your reply. Well, wands are basic to me, they rly make a lot of sense RPG wise and i remember when they were introduced and in my opinion it was fantastic. Maybe i am wrong but its my personal taste. To me, it seems very awkward to see a "DRUID" using a stonecutter axe to attack, i would rather accept he is using a Rod or a spellwand. Just makes more sense. Yeah, tibiantis is amazing, the only difference there is that they are so close to global tibia that they still have the same mechanics and features, wich is unfortunately, bad. I will give you an example: nobody will ever be able to have a golden helmet there, unless, of course, they make it possible. As a player, the fact that i have hope it is possible would be already way better than to be sure it is not possible. Even, like i said, it it takes a decade to get the item, wich is better than a couple months like in medivia, sounds better than a item that cannot be obtained at all. Remember that many tibians in the very old times played years because they were trying to solve this quests. Cip betrayed them by never confirming or not if it was possible and was until the release of the hacked files the community got to know those items would never be obtainable. On my server all items would be obtainable and players would know it from day one.

just make a custom wand that doesnt ruin the economy, you dont have to copycat how the game was back them, those times are gone and will never come back

Thanks for your reply. Well, wands are basic to me, they rly make a lot of sense RPG wise and i remember when they were introduced and in my opinion it was fantastic. Maybe i am wrong but its my personal taste. To me, it seems very awkward to see a "DRUID" using a stonecutter axe to attack, i would rather accept he is using a Rod or a spellwand. Just makes more sense. Yeah, tibiantis is amazing, the only difference there is that they are so close to global tibia that they still have the same mechanics and features, wich is unfortunately, bad. I will give you an example: nobody will ever be able to have a golden helmet there, unless, of course, they make it possible. As a player, the fact that i have hope it is possible would be already way better than to be sure it is not possible. Even, like i said, it it takes a decade to get the item, wich is better than a couple months like in medivia, sounds better than a item that cannot be obtained at all. Remember that many tibians in the very old times played years because they were trying to solve this quests. Cip betrayed them by never confirming or not if it was possible and was until the release of the hacked files the community got to know those items would never be obtainable. On my server all items would be obtainable and players would know it from day one.
more like druid using some way of enchanted scickle, which is working perfectly under certain arguments (voc, mlv to be held - meele skill to not hurt himself?)
non corfmied quests are part of german marketing, yet then - either you state as crystal clear (items obtainable) either you are a german with idea which shown to be such weak idea, that were removed (many quests/single map spawns/even single game quests)

Having every single item obtainable is much less important then having good quests and lure. It's equally important that quests are solvable, yes you want it to be hard but making something so hard to achieve that no player ever solves it, that is a total waste of time and resources. Having additional lure and content helps build an RPG atmosphere and doesn't take as long to make as a quest, how many hours have tibians wasted on serpetine tower? From a company standpoint it hardly matters that it's not a complete quest, it kept players coming back over and over which is a success. Honestly not many people play the same game for a decade and many games don't last that long either.

Cip realized some of the items they introduced were overpowered for the time and made a wise decision to remove them. Instead of worrying about how the heck to add a pointless item like colored tomes back into the game they spent energy making new interesting quest like into the Opticording Sphere Quest. In a professional game dev company it's not uncommon for there to be unused assets. The graphic artist may make more items then the devs have time to implement or the company changed their mind about a feature and left the asset in the game because it didn't matter.

If your personal fantasy is that every item that existed in cip 7.4-7.7 is obtainable that is fine and when limiting your self to the items that existed at that time you do want to take advantage of every item possible.

If you manage to do project like Peora.org with improvements to client and good host location, it is a good idea imo
But propably it will be a long time process to create something that you wrote, don't think it will be also profitable
good luck tho, would play on release
Edit:
2 worlds should be available, one for hardcore players 1x and another one to ppl who wanna progress a little bit faster 2x
Didn't see this one. Big No to this idea, create 1 stable server instead of spreading people

more like druid using some way of enchanted scickle, which is working perfectly under certain arguments (voc, mlv to be held - meele skill to not hurt himself?)
non corfmied quests are part of german marketing, yet then - either you state as crystal clear (items obtainable) either you are a german with idea which shown to be such weak idea, that were removed (many quests/single map spawns/even single game quests)
Humm still honestly think that rods are better, first of all because it avoids creating something completely new to the players but mostly because in any book, game or legend about mages they use wands and rods and keep things making sense are important to me.

Having every single item obtainable is much less important then having good quests and lure. It's equally important that quests are solvable, yes you want it to be hard but making something so hard to achieve that no player ever solves it, that is a total waste of time and resources. Having additional lure and content helps build an RPG atmosphere and doesn't take as long to make as a quest, how many hours have tibians wasted on serpetine tower? From a company standpoint it hardly matters that it's not a complete quest, it kept players coming back over and over which is a success. Honestly not many people play the same game for a decade and many games don't last that long either.

Cip realized some of the items they introduced were overpowered for the time and made a wise decision to remove them. Instead of worrying about how the heck to add a pointless item like colored tomes back into the game they spent energy making new interesting quest like into the Opticording Sphere Quest. In a professional game dev company it's not uncommon for there to be unused assets. The graphic artist may make more items then the devs have time to implement or the company changed their mind about a feature and left the asset in the game because it didn't matter.

If your personal fantasy is that every item that existed in cip 7.4-7.7 is obtainable that is fine and when limiting your self to the items that existed at that time you do want to take advantage of every item possible.

Thanks for your reply. Thats true but we can do both: make them obtainable and interesting instead of the endless non solvable quests that kept players coming for years but after a decade i strongly doubt. People are playing servers like retrocores, where those quests can be solved simply because they realzied that they are not solvable on rl tibia, i was checking streamers and they had many viewers, quests are still important for a perfect gameplay experience and even players who are just powergammers or war players would most of the time recognize that. I dont want to make those items obtainable only after 10 years, thats exaclty what cip did if they ever make those items obtainable from now on, but i do want to be sure it will take a couple years for some items to be found, and most importantly, find ways to introduce the LORE and the mechanics in a way that makes everything interesting while advancing thro the missions. Yes, i recognize some items are overpowered, like amulet of life was a great example. I remember mages abusing it and nobody wants soemthing like that hapenning again. Thats why i would make some items ( the overpowered ones )obtainable but only used as decoration, tools for very rare items quests etc, 1 in every 5.000.000 loot chance etc, because i want them to be remembered, expensive and important to the game without being used in combat or hunts. But magic long sword, golden helmet, demon legs, horned helmet, waterwlking boots etc are not overpowered, they can be implemented as long as the requirements are respected.

No one in his right state of mind will Spend months training with his friends to get sword fighting to 80 for a OT anymore i believe

No one in his right state of mind will Spend months training with his friends to get sword fighting to 80 for a OT anymore i believe
Thts very relative, if he trains only 2 h per day he will be 80 only after a couiple months, but it depends if he knows how to train, if he dies by pks or not etc. I was skills 96 on global tibia, check "thorion the guardian" before loosing acess to the char after the introduction of offline trainers and tarfget dummies...felt rly bad i remember i managed to get 95 after a year or something so it all depnds.

try to make the lastest version of tibia server with reel map, with botting accepted to see how far we can push the bot ! because boting is the reel life

Back