• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

iGlobal - Sprites Gallery

there is definitely too much AA and smoothness in my opinion in most of the sprites. what about making something fairly small(32x32) but with noticeable details/textures? the walking animation also does not look natural. looks more like a zombie walk with one of legs broken. not trying to push you down, but instead pointing what you may be inprove on ^^ unless you are not aiming for tibia style.

I like the digital art tho

there is definitely too much AA and smoothness in my opinion in most of the sprites. what about making something fairly small(32x32) but with noticeable details/textures? the walking animation also does not look natural. looks more like a zombie walk with one of legs broken. not trying to push you down, but instead pointing what you may be inprove on ^^ unless you are not aiming for tibia style.

I like the digital art tho
And how exactly is aa and smoothness not "tibia style"? Sorry, but you don't know what you are talking about. Take an example of some tibia sprites:
demon.gif
amazon_armor.gif
magic_plate_armor.gif

I won't go into the details, cause I don't care, but what makes his sprites different isn't one thing, rather a couple of them - level of contrast, shapes, color palette. Also, different artists, different styles. Make two people do the same work, it'll always look different. You can even take a look at tibia older and newer sprites. They differ with style too.
About the animation, the reason it doesn't look natural is because only the limbs are animated. Make the body move too and it'll look better for sure.

And how exactly is aa and smoothness not "tibia style"? Sorry, but you don't know what you are talking about. Take an example of some tibia sprites:
demon.gif
amazon_armor.gif
magic_plate_armor.gif

I won't go into the details, cause I don't care, but what makes his sprites different isn't one thing, rather a couple of them - level of contrast, shapes, color palette. Also, different artists, different styles. Make two people do the same work, it'll always look different. You can even take a look at tibia older and newer sprites. They differ with style too.
About the animation, the reason it doesn't look natural is because only the limbs are animated. Make the body move too and it'll look better for sure.
everyone got different taste in it. It's my own opinion and I guess this is why the thread is here.

demon.gif
amazon_armor.gif
magic_plate_armor.gif

the big problem in the artistic world has been forming for some time, small artists criticizing what they are not able to do, instead of learning, they criticize those who do it.
I am in constant evolution, I also make mistakes like any other, but I never stay in the same place for a long time, I see a lot of problems around, but I prefer to keep silent. Criticizing won't make me better than anyone.

att
7BDDEBA0-C9A8-4215-A7AE-84B056E79C97.gif

the big problem in the artistic world has been forming for some time, small artists criticizing what they are not able to do, instead of learning, they criticize those who do it.
I am in constant evolution, I also make mistakes like any other, but I never stay in the same place for a long time, I see a lot of problems around, but I prefer to keep silent. Criticizing won't make me better than anyone.

att
View attachment 56231

Interesting way of walking?

Have you tried making it walk more like a real person? (left arm right foot, switch~)
Walking in real life like that is super weird and uncomfortable ..

Just my two cents, crazy animation though

Interesting way of walking?

Have you tried making it walk more like a real person? (left arm right foot, switch~)
Walking in real life like that is super weird and uncomfortable ..

Just my two cents, crazy animation though
have you ever seen a soldier marching?
if you've never seen it, it would be nice to look over
I just confused the arms, I would love to see someone produce this

have you ever seen a soldier marching?
if you've never seen it, it would be nice to look over
I just confused the arms, I would love to see someone produce this
Actually, I was in air and army cadets for 4 years! I got to cadet flight sergeant at my peak before i aged out!

We definitely didn't march like that, we would get reemed if we didnt perfect our humanly robotic march

Actually, I was in air and army cadets for 4 years! I got to cadet flight sergeant at my peak before i aged out!

We definitely didn't march like that, we would get reemed if we didnt perfect our humanly robotic march
very good! take three cents!

att
1, 2 or 3?
05376912-272E-44FD-8C6F-DE78CB1D0B15.gif
2532810D-3D40-4C9A-AC1C-B5DCFC466B0D.gif
A6FED493-0A43-43AD-B27C-B73A68551822.gif

Last edited:
1 for sure, the other 2 will look like he's hopping/pretending to be Terry Fox when moving in game (which is perfect if you want to edit him later into a peg-legged pirate)

That is fucking sick! I see you also took the time to not just rotate it and make the claws always end up in the right hand. What's up with the end of the tail on the north and west-facing ones tho? Kinda looks like the tip got disconnected^^
Thank you man! the details/anatomy are the key to a beautiful execution, the work has to be complete and not just rotated ... Its perception in the tail is very good, yes it is disconnected, but there was a detail missing in the character from the front to match with the one from the back, thank you for the warning!

Last edited:
Back