• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

I'm starting a War 7.6 Server! [Laggless ofc]

RealSoft

Banned User
Reaction score
As title, give me your opinion..

What's ur dream in a War server of the oldschool?

*Map
*lvl

And some opinions =)

Start the discuss, I'll start the work and can have it fastly finished =)

Edit:
My opinion is Edron, Thais or Venore Map, Maybe even put together to one big map..

All characters is having same level, to avoid everyone getting pissed off because the highest mage is always taken. etc..

lvl 8-50 for noob wars which might be pretty fun.
50-100 for war that is having great damage, but doesn't last long
100-200 for wars that have great damage, and last long as it's like impossible kill the eks unless you got help.

Still.. post opinions!

Last edited:
A awesome and fun 7.6 war server I played for some years ago had this:
  • Characters from lvl 90-200
  • Fibula map, the most used places were a little building with a sewer and a little bridge.
  • A hard quest, a really hard one, which at some times the enemies together tried on.
    Having a hard quest on a war server is always fun IMO.

Added to Post:

--
My opinion is Edron, Thais or Venore Map, Maybe even put together to one big map..

All characters is having same level, to avoid everyone getting pissed off because the highest mage is always taken. etc..

100-200 for wars that have great damage, and last long as it's like impossible kill the eks unless you got help.

Still.. post opinions!

Map: Thais with surroundings. From cyclops bridge in north east to south west areas of Thais. And remove entrances to cyclops mountain.

Levels: Rather low. Maybe 80-100?

I would prefer some kind of private account system. Not so you could get very high level but with highscore list with things like frag/death counter and stuff like that.

Infinitive supplies unless you find a good way to balance it with normal supplies and cap system.

@up:

Edron map is too much stairs. I guess you could make a custom edron with less stairhopping places but Id rather have another map. Venore could also be nice but its so small city with very little open space. Thais is better in that way because you can always fight in sewers (2 sqm path like venore) but there are also open space on ground level.

Levels shouldnt be that varied. I think characters should have a little difference in level but dont make it too big. 40-50 or 80-100 is enought. But like I said I would rather have a private account system where you could "save" your frags etc.

By the way, what client will it be? I guess you realize 7.6 will be filled with botters and I cant believe anyone will spend much time banning botters on a war ot.

Last edited:
Added to Post:

--

Still.. post opinions!
A war server is supposed to emulate a real war isn't it?
Both team consist of characters from various levels.
I dislike the idea of everyone having the same level, IMO it ruins the fun.

A war server is supposed to emulate a real war isn't it?
Both team consist of characters from various levels.
I dislike the idea of everyone having the same level, IMO it ruins the fun.

Yeah but the teams never work anyways. Either you cant damage your team which ruins the pvp or people will kill their own team too. Its better to have private accounts where you can make your own team.

Actually it doesn't depends on the Levels but on the PVP style. In my eyes people are mostly ueing on war servers since they can't hit team members. AS you can see in Real Tibia, people are only using SD and Magicwall rune para etc but ain't/rarely spells. I think this is the hardest part but will make a server unique and worth to play. Also Desert is nice for sure since then an Open battle feeling will be increased and not the levitate pvp style.

*My opinion is Fibula, Edron, Venore, Darashia (Should change every 30-60 min)
*Lvl 30-40
*SD's Hitting 100, Uh healing 200-300 So there shouldn't be 1000 Mages to kill 1 ek -.- xD

I prefer 8.54, as I don't think a 7.6 war server won't get so much players:/ And what's a war server without players o_O? But who knows, it might be full of players :)

Actually it doesn't depends on the Levels but on the PVP style. In my eyes people are mostly ueing on war servers since they can't hit team members. AS you can see in Real Tibia, people are only using SD and Magicwall rune para etc but ain't/rarely spells. I think this is the hardest part but will make a server unique and worth to play. Also Desert is nice for sure since then an Open battle feeling will be increased and not the levitate pvp style.

The problem is that you cant damage your team. And you cant force people to team up with random people. The best solution is to make private account and let people team with whoever they want.

Also, I believe the spamming gets less efficient if the levels are rahter low. Example: Two level 60 mages with mana shield fight each other; one shooting sd and one using energy wave. Shooting sd is more efficient because energy wave take as much mana from you as you hit your enemy. If you use UE you will hit about 1/3 of what you waste.

Thanks everyone in this discussion, it's really helpful..

all who say what they wont and another say what the hints is =)

I really appreciate it!

Keep talking about it!

Right now the main idea is a 1/1 -login.
but with "no pvp skill/no loyalty for the team" make me wonder if there shouldn't be something make you have to lvl up in some way that's fast but doesn't allow you hit lvl 300.. make people more afraid for lose the level.

Keep Discuss, I take all post seriously and consider the possibility and the hints about it!

I prefer 8.54, as I don't think a 7.6 war server won't get so much players:/ And what's a war server without players o_O? But who knows, it might be full of players :)

I can easily get 8+ people or even more.

priv acc's ofc, else its just lame.

and start the levels around 50-60.
make a reset when someone reaches over 110-120 or so.

for the map etc, make it like old real-war.

//Gail

Id rahter play a 7.6 server with 20 players than a 8.54 server with 100 players. Whats the point with a pvp server when there is no solo pvp?

Henkos is very wrong!

It's all about peoples opinion, I guess hes opinion is "omg no hotkeys"

My opinion to 8.x is "Omg fuck faces believe they're pro running all over, ignoring their team, and only use 2 fingers, 1 to arrow keys, 1 to hotkeys"

but please, don't flame on each other! keep this thread serious! I want opinions about 7.6 war server! not anything else!

priv acc's ofc, else its just lame.

and start the levels around 50-60.
make a reset when someone reaches over 110-120 or so.

for the map etc, make it like old real-war.

//Gail

Isnt it better to just use exp stages? The higher you get the lower exp you get.

I've started the making of map, it's a Edron vs Thais War with some desert involved.

to be exact..

Thais is to north, Edron to south, Between them there are some Desert + mountain, (The passage between Darashia And Ankrahmun).

that's what I'm making right now.
you will in both towns, be able to refill any type of war supplies you want, and some eq's (whet ever you like to wear), also a there will be a npc sell all backpack/bags colors if you want to organize your backpack well =)

Keep post opinions!
1/1 acc or privates?

Back