• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

In-game created items

thedoc

Reaction score
Hi! Is it possible to create an item in-game (i.e npc creating walls) that save and stay on the map when the server restart?

Problem is in what im am planning, basically half game will have to be created in-game so it would be complicated to run it every time when it starts!
@LegerianOT Do you think this method cause lag? Even with a very good dedicated service?

Thank you, @Evil Puncker

Problem is in what im am planning, basically half game will have to be created in-game so it would be complicated to run it every time when it starts!
@LegerianOT Do you think this method cause lag? Even with a very good dedicated service?

Thank you, @Evil Puncker
depends on how much you're planning to use.
small areas and you only need to make a simle code for it.
if bigger areas, you must make more advanced codes so it's saved better and faster.
so if it's half the map, you'll have to use the RME source code to make the game save the entire map.
But make some sort of cleaning system, because if you don't have something that reset the map now and then, you'll end up having million of trash items all over the map, which will cause the map to heavily increase in size and also possible crash the map while it's being saved.

Imagine if a server saved the game map into the .otbm file every day, and you have 100 players runninga round throwing out trash from monsters and empty potions...
1 week is enough for you to have hundred thousands of trash items all over the map.
Think about that, before you rush into decisions.

@LegerianOT thanks for all the inputs. There are a few problems I believe I am going to face but I guess it will turn out fine. For the trash problem, I would just add a cleaning before the save and would be fine I guess. Thanks guys!

@LegerianOT thanks for all the inputs. There are a few problems I believe I am going to face but I guess it will turn out fine. For the trash problem, I would just add a cleaning before the save and would be fine I guess. Thanks guys!

Don't forget that "cleaning" might destroy some areas.
It may remove some details, etc small stones.. letters and other stuffs that could be important details.
Just keep that in your mind too :)

Back