• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Increase magic level limit

henkas

Solutions
Reaction score
Where can i increase magic level limit to unit64 because now it stucks at some point like (~140) TFS 1.2

Solution
if it gets stuck at only 140 you don't need to edit sources
The max number depends on what value you set in vocations.xml. The default for mage is manamultiplier="1.1" which gives a max of mlvl 156
Altering that number also changes how much mana must be spent to reach each mlvl

I say play around with that number (& mlvl rates in config if you don't want mlvl to go up faster).
Lower number on "manamultiplier" = higher max mlvl, but have in mind if you go to like 1.0 your mlvl will go up indefinitely if I remember correctly
Where can i increase magic level limit to unit64 because now it stucks at some point like (~140) TFS 1.2
You can easy, but as @rwxsu said there is limit in client, so if you have to your client see real magic level you have to edit that value too. But still you can force server to send 255 magic level to player client if he reach this point and send him additional message in text i.e about he's real magic level.

You have to edit the client because it expects a byte/uint8 for the magic level. The max is currently 255, not 140.

This is how TFS is sending magic level to client: protocolgame.cpp#L2898
You can easy, but as @rwxsu said there is limit in client, so if you have to your client see real magic level you have to edit that value too. But still you can force server to send 255 magic level to player client if he reach this point and send him additional message in text i.e about he's real magic level.
Thanks for respond guys, im okay from client side i know that skill limit is 255 but im talking about source part (SKILL_TRIES) so after i reach above 140 something like this it stucks it wont grow anymore, i got answer from people saying i need to change magic level tries to 64bits. So is it
msg.addByte(std::min<uint32_t>(player->getMagicLevel(), std::numeric_limits<uint64_t>::max())); ?

Thanks for respond guys, im okay from client side i know that skill limit is 255 but im talking about source part (SKILL_TRIES) so after i reach above 140 something like this it stucks it wont grow anymore, i got answer from people saying i need to change magic level tries to 64bits. So is it
msg.addByte(std::min<uint32_t>(player->getMagicLevel(), std::numeric_limits<uint64_t>::max())); ?
What TFS version do you have? I will check in 1 hours and msg you how to make this.

The max number depends on what value you set in vocations.xml. The default for mage is manamultiplier="1.1" which gives a max of mlvl 156
Altering that number also changes how much mana must be spent to reach each mlvl

I say play around with that number (& mlvl rates in config if you don't want mlvl to go up faster).
Lower number on "manamultiplier" = higher max mlvl, but have in mind if you go to like 1.0 your mlvl will go up indefinitely if I remember correctly

Solution
Since you stated in first post that you use TFS 1.2 then manaspent are saved in uint64_t not the uint32_t one already.
It also depends on "manamultiplier" which max magic level you can achieve, for 140 it should be around 1.315, if you use 1.1 then it's impossible that you get maximum magic level of 140 unless the value get overflowed many times that it display 140 but it actually is much higher value.

What TFS version do you have? I will check in 1 hours and msg you how to make this.
Its tfs 1.2

Since you stated in first post that you use TFS 1.2 then manaspent are saved in uint64_t not the uint32_t one already.
It also depends on "manamultiplier" which max magic level you can achieve, for 140 it should be around 1.315, if you use 1.1 then it's impossible that you get maximum magic level of 140 unless the value get overflowed many times that it display 140 but it actually is much higher value.
Hmm okay i will play around with this multiplier, now its manamultiplier="1.150"
It stuck in this range 140-150, thats what my friend told me at least

Back