• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Increase Spell Damage

icekis

Reaction score
How can I increase magic(spells) damage for a specific vocation, can i use the function Player: onCombatSpell?

How about if i want x vocation to have a greater defense against the others?

Solution
TFS version? Check vocations.xml if you have :
magDamage="1.0"
You can increase it like 1.1 and so on, that will increase the whole magic spells for specific vocation.
and if you have :
defense="1.0" magDefense="1.0"
As much as I know defense stands for melee hits RP/EK and magdefense stands for magic hits, You can change them to suit your needs.
magDamage="1.0"
You can increase it like 1.1 and so on, that will increase the whole magic spells for specific vocation.
and if you have :
defense="1.0" magDefense="1.0"
As much as I know defense stands for melee hits RP/EK and magdefense stands for magic hits, You can change them to suit your needs.

Solution
Thank you. That's exactly what i want

Is very difficult create an animation showing extra % damage in my head?
I am not sure how to do it, I will try if I succeeded I will post it here for you.
If I couldn't, just create a new support thread or wait for someone more experienced to help.

doSendAnimatedText(getCreaturePosition(cid), "+"damage/0.x, 18)
damage = The formula you use in lua script to cauculate your damage.
x = The value you changed. If you put 1.3 in magDamage on vocation.xml, will be 0.3.

Hello Larry Here,

how to convert to 0.x ((((((((0.4)))))))) doSendAnimatedText(getCreaturePosition(cid), "+"damage/0.x, 18)

to followed spell:
Lua:
local combat = createCombatObject()
setCombatParam(combat, COMBAT_PARAM_TYPE, COMBAT_HOLYDAMAGE)
setCombatParam(combat, COMBAT_PARAM_EFFECT, CONST_ME_HOLYAREA)
setCombatFormula(combat, COMBAT_FORMULA_LEVELMAGIC, -1.0, 0, -1.3, 0)

local area = createCombatArea(AREA_CIRCLE3X3)
setCombatArea(combat, area)

function onCastSpell(cid, var)
    return doCombat(cid, combat, var)
end

and if you have :

I have neither.. I am using the downgraded version of tfs 1.5.
This is what I have in vocations.xml (sorcerer)

Lua:
<vocation id="1" clientid="3" name="Sorcerer" description="a sorcerer" gaincap="10" gainhp="5" gainmana="30" gainhpticks="6" gainhpamount="5" gainmanaticks="3" gainmanaamount="5" manamultiplier="1.1" attackspeed="2000" basespeed="220" soulmax="100" gainsoulticks="120" fromvoc="1" noPongKickTime="40">
        <formula meleeDamage="1.0" distDamage="1.0" defense="1.0" armor="1.0" />
        <skill id="0" multiplier="1.5" />
        <skill id="1" multiplier="2.0" />
        <skill id="2" multiplier="2.0" />
        <skill id="3" multiplier="2.0" />
        <skill id="4" multiplier="2.0" />
        <skill id="5" multiplier="1.5" />
        <skill id="6" multiplier="1.1" />

Back