• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Inflation vs Deflation: Tibian Modern Monetary Theory Setup

Sinth

Argardh.com
Reaction score
Edit:

Putting last post first

Economy, as of 24/04/2016

Tired of seeing your rares, gold and characters on different servers constantly lose value? Argardh: Knights of Tibia will be the first server to promise an active work by developers to make sure that rares and goldcoin does not suffer from inflation, but instead, deflation.

Making $$ for you, the current player, instead of having your value halved for the cause of creating new players - to benefit the server.

Rare Items = Knightset /firesword and above

Great Items = The best of Tibias items, for example Sword of Valor, E-plate, Golden Helmet etc.

Unique Items = Items that are unique, there are no other of the same kind. Almost only from Tibia is the cylopmania
sword, almost all other uniques are from Argardh. While most are valuable rings and amulets, some will be the mightiest
of weapons and armors in the game. Except the uniques that are rewarded to Beta-players and community-supporters
these items will be rewarded to players winning tournaments, wars and different kinds of events and games thefirst year of gameplay starting at December 19.

The main reason why this is important to do over a long period of time(1 year) instead of a short one is to make sure the items are distributed to as many different players as possible. Distribution is extremely important. It's about distributing to as many players as possible to make sure that as many people as possible are committed to see the economy grow.

To counter the constant inflation

Droprates will start at 2.0(200%) and go down to 1.0(100%) over the course of 3 years. This will act as a shield against inflation. Inflation means that money(goldcoin) loses value over time, this is caused by an increasing amount of goldcoin being created. The first 3 month of a new server the amount of gold being farmed/accumulated is extremely low compared to that of a server after 1 year. Aswell as gold accumulated after 1 year, will surely be worth less after 3 years.. when there is perhaps 10x more gold accumulated by hunting/leveling.

This does not mean that goldcoin will be a better investment than rares. The effects of the decreased droprate will also influence the droprate of rares and items, which means - There will be a lot less rares dropped(50% less) after the 3 year period has ended. This means, if the server is not experiencing a high increase in players at that time (which it most likely is not), that all items and gold will together experience deflation(increase of value) instead of inflation.

Wait, what? Deflation, against what if not rares and in-game items?

Against the rl-$$, ofcourse. It is the exact same principles. Less items/gold being created = The existing ones increase in value.

The way this can reward the players with $$ for just playing is really interesting to say the least. No longer will you lose value(which in essence means time and work) by just being a little inactive or taking a break but instead you might even early on see the items and goldcoins you posess increase in value, steadily, by deflation alone.

To counteract inflation we will also manipulate the prices of potions and other consumables, to make sure that goldcoin is constantly being deleted/"burned" and thus taken off the market and increasing the value of the existing goldcoin.

To be continued and updated..

Threadstart:

For me a huge problem or even perhaps the biggest problem with Tibia in general is the inevitable inflation all servers suffer from.

If you play Tibia now for 1 years time you will achieve a certain level and strength of the character, aswell as rare items, crystal coins, houses, etc.

But if you then stop playing for let's say 2-3 years time and then come back the value of your characters level, your gold, rare items and basically everything will be greatly diminished.

Why?

Inflation. Inflation of lvls. It's getting easier and easier to lvl, to the point it's brutally ridicilous and the whole conecpt of slow progress towards a longterm goal(that isn't lvl 1000) and enjoying the game in a more casual way is basically gone).

Inflation of money. It's constantly getting easier to earn money(on all servers/OTs/games) at the same time that the total amount of accumulated gold on a server only disappears into purchases from NPCs such as potions and... runes, I guess. (Perhaps this is why original Tibia(CIPSoft) chose to scrap the rune-making for druids and sorcs by letting NPCs sell runes!)

Inflation of rare items. Well, rares are rarely sold to NPCs, right? And not that many are thrown in the dustbin, lost from deaths etc. So, they constantly grow larger and larger in numbers on every game/server. Making the ones already existing lose value. Which ofcourse is "countered" in terms of how it appears if you count the value only in gold coins with the fact that money also constantly loses value making the price be the same. But in reality(the real reality called rl) your rares will not be worth as much as they were 3 years ago. Thus, you have lost money.

So, here's my question:

Why not have a planned and controlled deflation of gold, levels, items and all rates?

Surely, by now, players make much more analyzed decisions than say 5-10 years ago when chosing a server, correct? So, having a planned economy, and open to the public, shouldn't that be the standard by now(On OTs, that is)? I mean, the public/players are basically demanding it by chosing the most longterm promising servers but there's not yet any real discussion about what makes a promising server in terms of economics / inflation vs deflation.

My solution in terms of experience is simply having stages that the first year allows a player to reach let's say 100. The next year that limit will be lowered to 95. Yet, everyone 95+ will ofcourse maintain their level until they die and lose experience points).

Gold? Have to be manipulated via NPC prices and gold-drop from monsters, probably the most difficult to control and should therefor most likely be left alone as much as possible. Anyone have any ideas or thoughts about this or the way that Tibia exchanged the rune-burning to NPC-buying to get rid of gold?

Rares? What would the downside be of creating let's say 50 unique items and hand them out in different ways? For example you could hand out a few to gamemasters or other community-supporters right away, have maybe 10 given out to the winners of open-beta tournaments/wars/duels, unique and one-time quests, etc.

And once they are distributed - they are value in itself and all owners will work together to make sure they maintain or grow in value, yes?

Thoughts?

I hope at least one of you OTlanders know about cryptocurrencies, gold, etc.. :p

How awesome wouldn't it be so use deflation on experience and skill? Early era highlvls/highly trained characters would be more powerful than their younger foes but only until they die and lose it.

Another "aspect" if you will that I forgot to mention is the 'Lifetime' of a server/game/economy.

If the server starts with 100 players the first year and then grows to 200 the year after, the inflation will ofcourse be countered with the increasing playernumbers and thus demand for gold and rare items.

But a server will not have that high numbers of new players for all eternity, right? And players do quit and/or take "breaks"(sometimes 10 years long :p ).

Have any OTs done succesful merges or server-transfers of characters like Tibia is doing now?

If they didn't have that by now, Tibia would be 100% dead, guaranteed. Who the hell starts playing on a 10 year old server when the common level is 400+?

And, ok, here you go CIP, I'll give you a great idea for free: Why not have 1(!) "deathmatch" server with let's say 10x rates that resets EVERY month? (Not talking an OT now but isn't this what they should've done ages ago??). Then have ladders, tournaments, global highscores, global clans/guilds etc instead of the mega-divide created by the splitting of the worlds..

What could possibly be your most retarded answer to that question, dear CIPSoft?? :p

Last edited:
you can edit previous post by clicking edit link under your post

Alright, I took some time to answer your questions. Occupied me with writing a long text with only an opinion. So not worth it. That's gonna be the last time I'm doing this. xD Bye.

Why not have a planned and controlled deflation of gold, levels, items and all rates?
Trust me, most ots, games, Tibia start with the right plan to handle this sort of thing. But see themself forced to alter half of their ideal game settings as players start to use things in ways they weren't intended.
Surely, by now, players make much more analyzed decisions than say 5-10 years ago when chosing a server, correct? So, having a planned economy, and open to the public, shouldn't that be the standard by now(On OTs, that is)? I mean, the public/players are basically demanding it by chosing the most longterm promising servers but there's not yet any real discussion about what makes a promising server in terms of economics / inflation vs deflation.
There certainly were discussions about this and changes made on servers with the intention to keep a good game economy. Several years back when things were still fresh in everyone's mind and many knew exactly what was needed.
But time goes on and things change. And with a relative small player base I guess you would also see yourself forced to give in to complaints and massive requests
My solution in terms of experience is simply having stages that the first year allows a player to reach let's say 100. The next year that limit will be lowered to 95. Yet, everyone 95+ will ofcourse maintain their level until they die and lose experience points).
That doesn't sound like a good way to motivate potential new players. Sorry. And that is likely going to be one of your main concerns. Instead, I find it a good solution to give a boost to players that start later. So they have a better chance to catch up to old players. There's no point in trying to compete otherwise.
Gold? Have to be manipulated via NPC prices and gold-drop from monsters, probably the most difficult to control and should therefor most likely be left alone as much as possible. Anyone have any ideas or thoughts about this or the way that Tibia exchanged the rune-burning to NPC-buying to get rid of gold?
What Tibia did was letting players earn gold a lot faster then before so 1kk became the new 100k or even 10k. Getting rid of the old riches. For example I bought a premium scroll when they were introduced to real tibia and 1 week costed me half of what I had saved over the years. lol
Rares? What would the downside be of creating let's say 50 unique items and hand them out in different ways? For example you could hand out a few to gamemasters or other community-supporters right away, have maybe 10 given out to the winners of open-beta tournaments/wars/duels, unique and one-time quests, etc.
Handing out rare items that serve more as a unique decoration sounds exactly right to reward the effort of players who create fansites, promotional videos and organise community events.
Non repeatable quests will indeed keep the rewards rare and valuable to maintain a healthy trade. Aslong as one player isn't able to run off with 90% of the them. Thus requiring teamwork to enter an area by using mechanisms like classic tile/switches and multiple levers pulled on multiple locations to open passage that leads to a challenging group of creatures guarding the valuables.
And once they are distributed - they are value in itself and all owners will work together to make sure they maintain or grow in value, yes?

Last edited:
Has anyone ever tried binding a cryptocurrency to the gold-currency of an OT-server? That'd be insane.

Last year someone was in the process of creating a browser game based on Tibia that was going to trade in bitcoins. There was a deposit adress on the account page. But it wasn't active yet.

Real Life works much like Tibia works now. New products come out and are expensive, then become cheaper, then everyone has them, and then a newer better product is released and everyone wants that.

There are basically 2 choices.
  1. You have items that last forever, but release newer stronger items with each update to give players something to work towards.
  2. Items have a life-span (Durability, time limit, chance to break, or make it so you can craft and scrap items)

To stop inflation, you have to have 1 item leave the server, for each item that is created. And 1 gold coin leave the server for each gold coin looted.
Otherwise, the items and gold will build up until there are too many of them.

Now for levels, skills, and other things. First, death loss helps as long as your game is challenging, it will slow people's progress, especially in new areas. But this is not a true solution. (Most servers now remove death loss basically, which is hilariously boring and generally a terrible idea)
  • The most common solution in OT Servers is Re-Birth, where players start over at level 1 with a slight increase in power.
  • The most common solution in other MMORPGs is a level cap.
You could always remove levels, or make levels less about gaining power and more about the age of your character (so players don't just gain infinite power over time). But then you remove a huge part of what MMORPGs are about (leveling to increase power).

Inflation is inevitable, and there isn't much you can do to stop it (if anything). The only thing you can really do is slow it down, and you can do this a number of ways:
  • Decrease the amount of gold/items that creatures drop. These days, its very rare to come across a player that doesn't have a bot, and bots do basically all of the heavy lifting for you. When you cavebot, all you need to do is set gold on your loot list and leave for a few hours. It doesn't matter what you bot, when you come back you will most likely have made a profit of some sorts, because the bot automatically picks up gold and turns it into platinum coins. This leads into my 2nd suggestion...
  • Remove the ability to turn gold coins into platinum coins. Read the above bullet point and you'll understand better, but basically removing the ability to change gold into platinum coins discourages botters from picking up gold, because having a lot of gold coins weighs a lot. Sure, botters can just make refillers, but going back to my main point of there is no way to stop inflation, only slow it down.
  • Introduce a system that fluctuates the prices of all items that npcs sell. Look at what the price of oil/gas does, it goes up and down every day. Making players pay more for supplies and equipment is another way to get money out of the economy.
  • Remove the ability to buy gold from a website shop. This completely ruins the start of servers, for obvious reasons.
  • Introduce a unique item to your server, but don't give it out for free. Introduce a fansite item into your server and sell it for a lot of money to players, and then just delete the money. Another way to get money out of players hands.
These are what I came up with, I'm sure theres a lot more things you can do. If I think of something, I'll post it.

You could track the amount of gold being created and destroyed and have NPC prices manipulated directly by the current state. A sort of pseudo tibian modern monetary theory setup.
I don't particularly recommend this though because just like the real world, it would favor the rich and disadvantage the poor. Tibian social underclass. Disparity. It would be great - just ask [insert traditional capitalist society].

EDIT:
If you allocated the gold 'destroyed' into some sort of low gold-earning welfare system...you might be onto something. This is hilarious.

EDIT 2:
Fuck it, tax people too.

I guess by adding this fluctuating market system you could take advantage of adding in some daily tasks into your server to help out players who don't have cash. If you think about it, players with a lot of cash probably wont take the time to do silly tasks for a tiny bit of money, but players without money will look to do whatever they need to do to get by.

Daily tasks like applying for 4 jobs so that you can receive food stamps to feed your 8 children to 6 fathers 4 of which are in prison and the other 2 hooked on meth......wait what

But no seriously I think it could work, I like it.

There certainly were discussions about this and changes made on servers with the intention to keep a good game economy. Several years back when things were still fresh in everyone's mind and many knew exactly what was needed.
But time goes on and things change. And with a relative small player base I guess you would also see yourself forced to give in to complaints and massive requests

There's no "giving in to complaints" mate, that's CIPs attitude. "Oh you listen to the community? So you give in to complaints??" :p If I think about the economics of my game/server the owners of the rares, gold and characters on the servers are the only customers I have, right? I mean, that's the only people whose interest it is that the economy(gold/rares) deflates and become stronger, right? So it's like a cryptocurrency basically, it's about distributing the wealth/value among as many people as possible and as many GOOD people as possible to make sure that as many people as possible cares about the common currency(store of value).

That doesn't sound like a good way to motivate potential new players. Sorry. And that is likely going to be one of your main concerns. Instead, I find it a good solution to give a boost to players that start later. So they have a better chance to catch up to old players. There's no point in trying to compete otherwise.

Well yes, you have to keep "promote" your server but why do it with inflation/boosts that only benefits new players? Like said, it's inflation(this way) vs deflation(benefitting early-players/ CURRENT players).

You could promote your server with it having a future, aswell, no? :p

I mean the store of value on a server like Antica for example(Or Medivia perhaps?) is HUGE. If it all(rares and gold) were to be sold at once though, it would not be worth much at all. But the same can be said about ANY currency / stock / corporation / fond / etc etc. But ALL the owners of this value are losing value constantly with time because the servers economy is constantly suffering from inflation.

Handing out rare items that serve more as a unique decoration sounds exactly right to reward the effort of players who create fansites, promotional videos and organise community events.
Non repeatable quests will indeed keep the rewards rare and valuable to maintain a healthy trade. Aslong as one player isn't able to run off with 90% of the them.

The big problem with this the way I see it is(as maybe said) transparency or lack of it. Players must know what items go where and for what(server should make official posts/statements). If not, how can they know the value of their items?

And yeah definately, 1 guy cannot get a big %, it's all about distributing it as equally/widely as possible. This is why Bitcoin fundamentally sucks compared to many other cryptocurrencies/stores of value(Satoshi has a huge % of all Bitcoins but they are "untouched"(Full transparency) and said to be "deleted". Nobody knows, though :p

Last year someone was in the process of creating a browser game based on Tibia that was going to trade in bitcoins. There was a deposit adress on the account page. But it wasn't active yet.

I meant creating a new currency, bound to the in-game gold. Like, you create(copy open source, much like Tibia-->OT) a cryptocurrency that you sell/buy for in-game gold. So that any player can "cash out" his in-game gold for this cryptocurrency at any time, or for that matter - buy in. This would take away third parties of in-game gold / cash - trades, which would be a huuuuuuuuuuge(!) step for Tibia/OTs.

The most common solution in OT Servers is Re-Birth, where players start over at level 1 with a slight increase in power.

Re-birth?? Never heard/read of this, sounds interesting! But when do you mean a character "start over" at lvl 1? At a server reset?? (Yes btw, no deathloss is hilariously terrible :p If that's taken away, what's left??)

The most common solution in other MMORPGs is a level cap.

That's the best, that's why I included the exp/skill in this post here.. not sure what to say about it other than that a lvl cap is a must(for me).. without level caps or extremely much harder stages it's the same as gold and rares - inflation.

All this inflation basically forces players to play a lot once they started, and when stopping totally stop. Which I believe is really desvastating because it makes casual playing so much harder and expensive.

Inflation is inevitable, and there isn't much you can do to stop it (if anything). The only thing you can really do is slow it down, and you can do this a number of ways:

Decrease the amount of gold/items that creatures drop. These days, its very rare to come across a player that doesn't have a bot, and bots do basically all of the heavy lifting for you. When you cavebot, all you need to do is set gold on your loot list and leave for a few hours. It doesn't matter what you bot, when you come back you will most likely have made a profit of some sorts, because the bot automatically picks up gold and turns it into platinum coins. This leads into my 2nd suggestion...
Remove the ability to turn gold coins into platinum coins. Read the above bullet point and you'll understand better, but basically removing the ability to change gold into platinum coins discourages botters from picking up gold, because having a lot of gold coins weighs a lot. Sure, botters can just make refillers, but going back to my main point of there is no way to stop inflation, only slow it down.
Introduce a system that fluctuates the prices of all items that npcs sell. Look at what the price of oil/gas does, it goes up and down every day. Making players pay more for supplies and equipment is another way to get money out of the economy.
Remove the ability to buy gold from a website shop. This completely ruins the start of servers, for obvious reasons.
Introduce a unique item to your server, but don't give it out for free. Introduce a fansite item into your server and sell it for a lot of money to players, and then just delete the money. Another way to get money out of players hands.

These are what I came up with, I'm sure theres a lot more things you can do. If I think of something, I'll post it.

Awesome list! :)

But :p I'm not sure you have to just "slow it down"... I mean, the whole thing can be manipulated to go either left or right, it's not necessarily about slow or fast. I mean, imagine if Antica all of a sudden raised potion/rune-prices by 10x. The gold in existance would all of a sudden EXPLODE in value because all of a sudden all gold being generated is worth only 10% towards consuming-prices. So it's a scale you can push either left or right the aging and eternal inflation is not necessary.

Personally i'm not planning on crusading against botting, but yes, taking away the auto-changer is a must. But just because you don't do everything to stop botting(the inevitable) doesn't mean you have to promote it by letting characters automatically change gold.. it's a crazy idea to start with, the biggest effect(best for cave-bots as you said) is so easy to understand :p

"Burning"/Deleting money for rares/collectibles is a great idea.

Remove gold-purchasing? How about just not adding it? :p But yes, "starts of a server". At later times I think the opposite stance is correct. For the server to sell directly to players that is, without third parties(With or without a cryptocurrency ofcourse ;) ). That's the only way a server can defend itself from having its economy being destroyed by gold-traders.. it's basically like the real world.

You could track the amount of gold being created and destroyed and have NPC prices manipulated directly by the current state. A sort of pseudo tibian modern monetary theory setup.
I don't particularly recommend this though because just like the real world, it would favor the rich and disadvantage the poor. Tibian social underclass. Disparity. It would be great - just ask [insert traditional capitalist society].

EDIT:
If you allocated the gold 'destroyed' into some sort of low gold-earning welfare system...you might be onto something. This is hilarious.

EDIT 2:
Fuck it, tax people too.

A lot of good ideas if you're looking to ROB the players with inflation and taxes instead of rewarding them :p

Tibian Modern Monetary Theory Setup. I think this is the subject of this thread.. :D

I guess by adding this fluctuating market system you could take advantage of adding in some daily tasks into your server to help out players who don't have cash. If you think about it, players with a lot of cash probably wont take the time to do silly tasks for a tiny bit of money, but players without money will look to do whatever they need to do to get by.

Perhaps introduce "Shoe-shining"? A player gets down on his knees and rubs the feet of the richer player for say 30 seconds and the richer player then gets a +20 speed for a few hours.. :p

Re-birth?? Never heard/read of this, sounds interesting! But when do you mean a character "start over" at lvl 1? At a server reset?? (Yes btw, no deathloss is hilariously terrible :p If that's taken away, what's left??)

Many games use it. Its called Re-birth on Tibia but other games usually call it Prestige.

Basically, once you reach "level cap" or a certain level, you can do a task that makes your character go back to level 1, but you gain some new power.

For example, lets say you get +50 base health and +50 base mana each time you Re-Birth.
Well this means, people can play your game over and over and gain more max health/mana each time they re-play your entire game.

There's no "giving in to complaints" mate, that's CIPs attitude. "Oh you listen to the community? So you give in to complaints??" :p If I think about the economics of my game/server the owners of the rares, gold and characters on the servers are the only customers I have, right? I mean, that's the only people whose interest it is that the economy(gold/rares) deflates and become stronger, right? So it's like a cryptocurrency basically, it's about distributing the wealth/value among as many people as possible and as many GOOD people as possible to make sure that as many people as possible cares about the common currency(store of value).

Definetly a way to deal with that I can relate to in the ideal event of a growing popularity of your game. I'm saying everyone faces a time good intentions are measured against the need for new players. Seeing the priority compromises are made to shift the balance.

Take skull system for example. You plan to have it disabled. An important factor in my experience with Tibia that helped to regulate both gold and levels necessary to maintain a healthy economy.

Given the situation where most players died and lost more in general. Gold was passed on in form of loot and trade from one player to the other all to end in the same places. Depots of the few in power to control others on the server.

Trading underpriced and overpriced runes or items was considered a selfish act towards the community that wasn't accepted. Being both judge and executioner it was an ongoing rule for aslong the crowd was able to enforce it. In other words until the day skulls were introduced. "Que tu te trompes ou que t’aie raison c’est la même chose mon grand."

How many people here today do you think support your choice to disable it and share in the opinion it will benefit your server?

I just had this pop up my head. May sound totally retarded but fuck it. here it is.
When you level up you cannot get more exp until you speak to this NPC, telling him that you recieved this amount of experience Points. He then sells you the ability to gain more exp. very very cheap prices at first, but they escalate.
say lvl 8 to 9 you must pay 100gp to advance in level. 50 to 51 maybe 1000gp, 90 to 91 maybe 7000gp. Make a formula so it gets more expensive for each level. idk. just a thought

edit: this is to make sure more Money gets used on the server, and not stored, i guess?

Last edited:
I just had this pop up my head. May sound totally retarded but fuck it. here it is.
When you level up you cannot get more exp until you speak to this NPC, telling him that you recieved this amount of experience Points. He then sells you the ability to gain more exp. very very cheap prices at first, but they escalate.
say lvl 8 to 9 you must pay 100gp to advance in level. 50 to 51 maybe 1000gp, 90 to 91 maybe 7000gp. Make a formula so it gets more expensive for each level. idk. just a thought

There is already a cost to leveling up. You pay it in supplies.

If you want it to be more expensive to level, simply give creatures more health, make them do more damage, and make supplies cost more.

I think starting with droprates at 2.0 and then lower it to 1.0 over the course of 2 or 3 years might be a good start.

And yeah agreed, you pay to lvl up already. And very easy to up monsters or droprate slightly instead of paying cash upon what you already pay for supplies and deaths etc.

Haha you changed the title!
Unfortunately I don't think many people here would even have a basic understanding of MMT though :p
It is hard to imagine it working within the tibian setting when the traded currency is gold itself - the purest form of a "gold standard currency".
But anyway, I like the idea of a more complex economy system =D

Definetly a way to deal with that I can relate to in the ideal event of a growing popularity of your game. I'm saying everyone faces a time good intentions are measured against the need for new players. Seeing the priority compromises are made to shift the balance.

Take skull system for example. You plan to have it disabled. An important factor in my experience with Tibia that helped to regulate both gold and levels necessary to maintain a healthy economy.

Given the situation where most players died and lost more in general. Gold was passed on in form of loot and trade from one player to the other all to end in the same places. Depots of the few in power to control others on the server.

Trading underpriced and overpriced runes or items was considered a selfish act towards the community that wasn't accepted. Being both judge and executioner it was an ongoing rule for aslong the crowd was able to enforce it. In other words until the day skulls were introduced. "Que tu te trompes ou que t’aie raison c’est la même chose mon grand."

How many people here today do you think support your choice to disable it and share in the opinion it will benefit your server?

Not really sure how you mean that the skullsystem kept the economy in balanace? Because people started dying less?

And yes, I can see the skullsystem benefits the crowd(not the "few in power"(think you switched names on them there, calling the few in "power" the crowd? Switched it back :D ) / the masses more than the few as anyone these days with a whiteskull gets killed by "the masses" while before the skullsystem you didn't just go kill someone because he had a white skull. You killed someone for just being in battle and he ended up being member of the wrong guild - ops, you just died 5 times. There was a natural balance of power before the skullsystem, perhaps hard for newer players to understand but it's very logical.

This is a bit Offtopic but, ok: Skullsystem has to go because it contradicts any idea of an "open world" or "rpg" in all ways. If there has to exist some defense against having too many playerkillers it should be dealt with by the community/players, not by programming. Having a problem with too many playerkillers means basically you have players that doesn't care about the state of the server, the servers "store of value" incl. Rich people never could/should PK to the limit it destroys the server as it would mean they destroy their own wealth/stored value. It's in all players interest that playerkilling or other stuff doesn't get out of control, right? Well if this is enforced by programming and not community/players, people/players STOP caring/knowing about the "real" solution(which is, as said, community/player-action not destroying the client with bugged and crazy shit like the skullsystem).

Haha you changed the title!
Unfortunately I don't think many people here would even have a basic understanding of MMT though :p
It is hard to imagine it working within the tibian setting when the traded currency is gold itself - the purest form of a "gold standard currency".
But anyway, I like the idea of a more complex economy system =D

"Working" or not might depend on perspective :p But i'm sure you can do a lot to counter-act an aging and inflated economy, that's not being done.

Back