• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Information] Allstar Mapping Competition!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not about representing the community, just something we put in for fun, coulda just been "participants" and listed all of the mappers.

Because poof made the exact some post on OTFans.

Well I guess Neon did it here and Poof did it there, as Neon ain't so know there and Poof ain't so known here.

We just keep in contact

Last edited:
Agree with many, you should change the layout of the competition, don't make your opinion count instead of everyones. You're making this contest public you know..

We've gathered the best mappers allover the communities
for an allstar mapping competition for only the best to
compete in, see all the best mappers or even someone you
might look up to battle it out in a competition to claim
themselves as the one and only "master" mapper!

That's making your rep go down the drain, since this is a community, not a social club for 6 people. :)

I think it should Be like this, Every community each chose 2 mappers which work together with a work through teamviewer. THAT would be inresting
I agree with you... There are tons of GREAT mappers who are missing... I would say one name which IMO is the best mapper ever, even better than you, Neon... Macedoon, and he's not in. <_<

Hi, I agree macedoon has alot of talent and he is a close friend of mine,
but we picked mappers which are best in one area, you call it "showoff".
Macedoon is probably THE BEST in what he does, but it varies from what the
competetors in this duel do. I am sorry for disapointment and left out mappers.

I understand the thread was made wrong, stating "master" mapper and such,
thread was made quick and without consideration. I am sorry for this inconvenience and I hope the community still looks forward to the end results!

Now can we drop this topic about who should be in and who shouldn't, and focus on the good side of this duel?

much love, loveinabottle

Hi, I agree macedoon has alot of talent and he is a close friend of mine,
but we picked mappers which are best in one area, you call it "showoff".
Macedoon is probably THE BEST in what he does, but it varies from what the
competetors in this duel do. I am sorry for disapointment and left out mappers.

I understand the thread was made wrong, stating "master" mapper and such,
thread was made quick and without consideration. I am sorry for this inconvenience and I hope the community still looks forward to the end results!

Now can we drop this topic about who should be in and who shouldn't, and focus on the good side of this duel?

much love, loveinabottle
I think that not only appreciates your apologies... Thanks about that.
Just one thing, please remind me what is the 'good side' of this 'duel'?

Ok I'm sorry mapping competitions from now on will be text based

This competition seems rather unfair, as the majority of the mappers are from OTserv Networks, while there is only 1 person from OTland and OTfans each. You are also missing those from that PL mapping site. You said this competition is not about representing the sites, then why is this an allstar mapping contest? Everyone should be represented equally. Aren't all 4 mappers from the Brazilian site all mapping for KA?

You say you chose the best mappers for showoff? Sure, your list has some good choices, but your missing some who definitely deserve to be here.

To me, an allstar mapper should be able to map for showoff and RPG with great effectiveness, not just one area.

Please refer to previous posts regarding this..
"It's not about representing the community, just something we put in for fun, coulda just been "participants" and listed all of the mappers."

About KA, only chauz on this list mapped for ka and he only made 1 town, co-operated for another and a swamp on the whole map.

I'm sorry if you think there are better mappers, this is the outcome of this one. I won't post more about this now.

We called it allstar mapping competition for fun, has nothing to do with communities.

Please refer to previous posts regarding this..
"It's not about representing the community, just something we put in for fun, coulda just been "participants" and listed all of the mappers."

About KA, only chauz on this list mapped for ka and he only made 1 town, co-operated for another and a swamp on the whole map.

I'm sorry if you think there are better mappers, this is the outcome of this one. I won't post more about this now.

We called it allstar mapping competition for fun, has nothing to do with communities.
~INFORMATION THREAD~

We've gathered the best mappers allover the communities
for an allstar mapping competition for only the best to
compete in, see all the best mappers or even someone you
might look up to battle it out in a competition to claim
themselves as the one and only "master" mapper!

We will post votations with the pictures on the 3 major communities,
for us to see what the community people like the most, and then we will
also invite more professional mappers to hear their opinion, and finally
we vote among ourselves for the end result, which will be published.

Participants

From otserv networks
- Chauz
- Masterk
- Melara
- Lambix

From otland
- Neon

From otfans
- poof/loveinabottle

These people will represent their respective community for the battle.

The theme which the mappers will map after is "gates", which leaves
alot of room for creativity and I'm sure the communities will see something
completely unique and never before seen, from all the participants.

Date of image posts is 5th of august, which is 10 days total
time for the mappers to creative their pieces and send them in.

Something to look forward to for the average mapper!​

To me it seems that it has a little to do with communities.

To me it seems that it has a little to do with communities.

And I refer you to this post.

Like they all say it seems unfair. So i was thinking. Why not pick a theme. Then make a thread were anyone can try out to represent us. after everyone summits their ss. Then make a poll and the top 3 will get to represent us. this will give everybody an equal chance of representing us. This can work for the forums as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back