• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ Interrupt corpse decay for skinning

guiismiti

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello!
Today I decided to allow corpse owners (and his party members) to skin fresh corpses - the ones that take 10s to decay so other players won't steal the loot.
The problem is - skinning will decay the corpse 1x, and 10s after the kill, the corpse will decay again.
This rapid decaying means that, for several corpses, the loot will be gone after 10s, because the corpse will no longer be a container.

Is there a way to interrupt the original decay of the corpse so this will not happen?

Thanks in advance!

@Evil Puncker 🤔

Edit:
I'm using target:transform as the decay function.
Should I replace it with a decay function, somehow?

Last edited:
all corpses should still be a container after the 10s, because the next corpse should be (theoretically) just a copy of the first stage but movable, this is how this should work:

first stage: default corpse and container (unmovable) -- 10s
second stage: default corpse and container (movable) -- 10m
third stage: decayed corpse and container (movable) -- 5m
fourth stage: bones -- 5m
fifth stage: gone

or something like that, if your second stage is no longer a container then you need to fix it on items.xml by adding back the container attribute

Hi,
Change the decay of the skinned corpse to more time in items.xml.
Or you can do the "decay" with addEvent: When skinned, addEvent with the interval that you desire and transform the corpse to decayed item id.
Would be nice have a function to change the decayTime, decayTo for a specific item.

all corpses should still be a container after the 10s, because the next corpse should be (theoretically) just a copy of the first stage but movable, this is how this should work:

first stage: default corpse and container (unmovable) -- 10s
second stage: default corpse and container (movable) -- 10m
third stage: decayed corpse and container (movable) -- 5m
fourth stage: bones -- 5m
fifth stage: gone

or something like that, if your second stage is no longer a container then you need to fix it on items.xml by adding back the container attribute

Actually - players can skin first and second stage, so, the corpse must be transformed to the third stage so it can't be skinned more than 1x.
The problem I have is, the fresh corpse is transformed to the third stage and the 10s decay transforms it to the fourth stage.

ezgif-3-449b3493bd99.gif

Attachments

Last edited:
I'm using target:transform as the decay function.
you maybe wanna add a party skinning function where it would execute the skinning for all party members (with individual chances) and decay the corpse only once

(I don't know how to do it but seems like a reasonable solution 😁 )

Would be nice have a function to change the decayTime, decayTo for a specific item.
I think it is already possible with the item:setAttribute function

Did you found a solution to this problem by now? I‘m having the same issue now and the only fix I see so far is, removing the unmovable corpses from the skinable list…

Did you found a solution to this problem by now? I‘m having the same issue now and the only fix I see so far is, removing the unmovable corpses from the skinable list…
that is not a problem but how the functionality was designed 😅 you can use storages to make corpses skinable more than once by party members and once skinned by the last party member it will transform to non skinable ID

Yeah, the decaying is my problem as well. And I think OP only had one problem. He wanted to enable skinning owner OR party members, not both at the same time.

Back